Talking to your past

Alec woke up in a cold sweat; he was on edge. He felt like someone was watching him, waiting for him. He couldn't think; he needed to think.
He kept replaying the same memory it was driving him insane.

*Flashback start*

"Alexander, love, please forgive me. I had to protect them; it's my job" Dominic took a step towards Alec.
"They were innocents Dominic, and you killed them. How can you stand there and lie to me and-- and tell me it was to protect them" Alec shouted through his tears.
"Alexander, please listen to me."
"No, no, you're manipulating me again" Alec turned away from Dominic and put his hands on his head.
"I'm not manipulating you; I love you" Dominic knew what to say to get Alec on his side; he could play Alec like a violin.

Dominic knew he couldn't be arrested because the Shadowhunters had attacked. First, they killed 2 warlocks who refused to help the clave. He was sent out to heal and rescued the others, but when the other Grimm's arrived, he killed all 21 Shadowhunters, most of whom were innocent. Some Grimm's and council members agreed with his actions, but others like Cara and Damien were beginning to see him change.

"I love you too, but your hurting innocents, and I can't let you do that," Alec whispered.
"Let's not be dramatic, Alexander" Dominic's mood had soured, he stood up straight, and his tone was cold. " I'll give you some time to cool down, but when I come home, I expect you to have dropped the topic."

The door slammed behind Dominic, and Alec sunk to the floor, not bothering to hold his tears back.
"Cara, It's Alec. Do it," Alec spoke in-between sobs.
That night Dominic was arrested, and shortly after, he was put on trial and investigated. He was sentenced to life-long imprisonment after the council members found that he had killed other Shadowhunters.

*Flashback end*

"Alexander darling, I brought you some coffee" Magnus walked into the room, and Alec forced himself to relax.
"Uhh, thanks" Alec took the mug off Magnus.
"Still worn out from last night," Magnus winked, and Alec began blushing a bright red.
"I talked to Jace, turns out we're not fighting a demon but a warlock possibly working with Valentine," Magnus said
"We better go to the institute then," Alec said as he stood up.

At the Institute

"Would someone please update Alexander and me on the situation?" Magnus said as he approached the others.
"Short version, we were on an observation mission to check out some suspicious activity, but when we got inside, someone saw Simon and assumed he was part of their operation. Then this warlock appeared and told Simon to keep an eye on the institute," Jace explained quickly.
"So, we're dealing with a warlock now, should be easier," Alec commented
"We should probably talk to Erin; I'll give her a call," Magnus said, pulling out his phone

As Magnus walked off to talk to Erin, Alec felt nervous about this warlock
"What was the warlock like."
"He was freakishly tall, taller than you. Black hair with red in it and intense red eyes." Simon described him shivering at the thought of the terrifying man

"Simon, you should probably go back to the hotel, you haven't fed in a while, and Raphael is probably worried sick," Clary said, turning to her friend.
"Yeah, your right as always. I'll ask Magnus to make me a portal. Call me with any details you get."

With that, Simon walked off in the direction of Magnus to get a portal back to the hotel. After a few minutes, Magnus came back over.

"I told Erin about our warlock, and she said she'll look at the information she has and try to identify him by tomorrow night," Magnus told the group.
"That's great; we could use all the help we can get"

Suddenly an alert rang through the institute.
"That's Valentine's alert. He must have resurfaced" Clary walked over to the computer.
"It says he's launching an attack near the hunter's moon," Izzy readout
"That's where Luke is. We have to go" Clary looks worried.
"Magnus, you should probably go home. I want you safe" Alec turned to Magnus.
"Miss this not for the world, darling," Magnus winked; he conjured up a portal near the attack.

At the Attack

Magnus had portal them near the attacks so they would still have the element of surprise.
"We just need to fight them off until the other Shadowhunters arrive," Izzy said
"Let's do it then," Jace said as everyone armed themselves

"Clarissa, it's so nice you and your friends could join us" Valentine walked over to the middle
"Let them go; they've done nothing wrong," Clary shouted
"There demons Clary, impure monsters that will be eradicated."
Clary went to fight him but stopped when she heard a little girl scream back where the others were fighting; she looked back at Valentine before running to help.

"We need to get these warlocks out of here" Magnus created a portal and helped the warlocks through as Clary arrived.
"Come on, we have to go," Izzy yelled.
Once all the warlocks were through and safe, Magnus called Alec and Jace over. They all ran through the portal, but just as Alec and Clary were going to go through, they were pulled back and had something injected into their necks.
The world faded black, but Clary could make out Valentine's face as she faded to sleep.

At the Institute

"Wait, where's Alexander" Magnus yelled, looking around
"Where's Clary" Izzy said
"Valentine must have of them before they went through" Jace paled
"No Alexander, no" Magnus fell to the floor and sobbed as Izzy comforted him
"We'll get them back," Jace said; he didn't know if he was reassuring Magnus or himself.

With Valentine

Alec and Clary woke up in what looked like an abandoned building; this must be Valentine's base. They had one leg chained to the floor, and they still felt drowsy.

"Ah, your awake wonderful" Valentine walked into the room
"I don't care what you want with me but leave Alec out of this," Clary shouted
"I would love to, but I'm not the one who wanted him."

Both Clary and Alec were confused until...
"Hello love, did you miss me," Dominic said as he walked into the room
"Because oh how I've missed you," Dominic said with a smirk.