I Will Save You

Magnus was sitting in his loft alone, the others had offered to stay, but he needed some time alone, some time to think. He tried to convince himself that it wasn't his Alec. It was a spell, some manipulation cause by Dominic. But his eyes and those words. He had chosen Dominic over his family over him.

Magnus jumped a little, spilling his drink when he heard a clatter outside his balcony. It was coming from the fire escape. It was probably just a stray cat again; he opened the doors and nearly fainted when Alec sat there.

"Alexander, you here I—" Alec stopped Magnus.
"Please don't call me that, just don't," Alec sounded broken, and Magnus wanted nothing more than to fix him.
"Ok then, Alec, why are you here," Magnus asked, straightening up.
"I needed to see you."

Magnus could swear his heart stopped. Even after all this, Alec still cared for him. "Why," He asked breathlessly, scared of the answer.
"I can't stop thinking about you, even though I shouldn't. I want to know why."
"Because you still love me."
"No, no, I love Dominic," Alec said
"Then why else would you be here, you still care about me, and I want you to admit it. If not to me, then at least to yourself. You gave up your life, risked your family and your career for me. Those types of feelings don't just disappear."

"I'm sorry, Magnus," and with that, he had disappeared, leaving Magnus alone again. But luckily, he had noticed the small spell that Magnus had placed on him.
"I will save you, Alexander, if it's the last thing I do," Magnus said out loud into the night.

From the roof, Alec spoke back, "I will protect you if it's the last thing I do."