Chapter 7

Chapter 7 **Out of Anger**

~ Continued from last chapter ~

I immediately looked away out of fear Jay would catch me staring.

This is what I mean. You start to like a man and they screw you over. You never give them too much power because this always happens!

No matter what man I have in my life, no matter what relationship I have with them, I am always the one being screwed. I mean that in every literal sense.

He has the nerve, the audacity to kiss me then pull this? No, hell no! From now on it will be back to strictly business!

Why do I even care? I shouldn't. I have a perfect, well not so perfect. But I have a boyfriend at home.

I picked my phone up out of my purse to call him. I haven't called him since I've been in New York.

"Do you mind if I make a quick call?" I asked Julius.

He shook his head, "I don't mind at all."

I pressed the call button and waited for it to start ringing.

"Baby?" His thick accent cooed through the phone.

"Hey."

"How are you? I didn't expect to get a call from you. Ever, for that matter."

I chuckled at the irony. Here I am calling the man who has screwed me over multiple times because of a man who just screwed me over.

"I was just mad. You know how I react out of anger."

"So we good now?"

"I guess. What are you doing?" I asked.

"I am actually here in New York."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah." He said.

"Stop by my hotel tonight?" I asked more seductive then I meant.

"You serious?"

"Yeah. I miss you!"

"I have some business but I'll stop by later, for real. Where you staying?"

After I told him where the hotel was and we carried a casual conversation, until I realized I was here with Julius and that I was being incredibly rude, I let him go.

"Your boyfriend?" Julius asked.

I nodded my head finishing my sandwich.

***

"So you'll go down to the lobby for an hour?" I asked.

"Yes. You have my number if anything happens."

I smiled while doing a happy dance. I literally had to beg and plead the entire way back to the hotel and hours after we got to my room until he finally gave in.

"Please, Ms. Knowles, don't let me down."

"I won't!"

He grabbed his walkie-talkie thing then headed for the door.

"Julius..."

"Yea?" He asked.

"Thank you for this."

He smiled before walking out.

Trey should be here any minute.

Speaking of the devil.

I swung the door open with a bright smile.

"I have missed you." He said embracing me in a tight hug.