Chapter 10

Chapter 10: **Timing**

I woke to an excruciating headache and the sun beaming bright throughout my hotel room. It's been a minute since I've drank that much. With all the alcohol I encountered last night I still remember everything. I don't know what came over me but part of me is glad it happened.

I walked into the bathroom, turning on the water for a bath to relax.

Every time I drink I always regret it the next day. I feel disgusting and my head throbs.

After fifteen minutes of relaxation my phone started ringing. It's probably just Jay. I'll call him later. I need to clear my head before tonight. Strictly business doesn't seem so strictly right now. As if leaving a message wouldn't be enough-the same caller, called again.

"Come on!" I called out loud.

Hoping whoever it is calling would leave me be for the time being, I sunk deeper into the water. The hot water tingled my skin and relaxed my tense muscles. This is better!

As soon as I started to enjoy myself my phone started ringing, again!

"People can't leave anyone alone. All I wanted was some time to relax! Is that too much to ask for? Am I undeserving of at least an hour to myself?" I babbled to myself.

I wrapped my hair in a towel following similar actions with my body. I walked out of the bathroom-silently cursing whoever this is. I walked over to my nightstand, picking up my phone. I had four missed calls from the same unknown number. I called the number back while I chewed on my nails; a nasty habit of mine that I picked up whenever I get nervous.

"Hello, my name is Hannah. How may I assist you today?" She asked.

"I just woke up to calls from this hotline and I was wondering what happened?"

"Name please?" She questioned.

"Beyoncé Knowles."

"Oh its looks like they were calling because a Celestine Beyincé..." (A/N thats Ms.Tinas real name if you didnt know.)

"Repeat that?" I said, making sure my hearing was correct.

"Celestine Beyincé is in the hospital and I was told to call and let you know."

A lump grew in my throat and my stomach became uneasy, "What hospital?" I asked, trying to keep from sending myself into a panic attack.

"Houston Methodist Hospital."

"Is she alive?" I asked.

"Yes and no, but I can not tell you anymore information over the phone."

What type of fucking bullshit does that mean? That is my mother and they are tying to tell me that they can't tell me anything? How can someone be alive but at the same time not? What the hell happened?

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Bye."

I hung up before she could say another word, I dropped my phone on the bed and ran to my suitcase. I slipped on the first thing my hands came into contact with.

I packed my suitcase, well more like threw everything in my suitcase. When I went to open the door to leave, you would never guess who was standing there-Jay.

His facial expression read surprised but once he noticed my suitcase he looked confused.

"Where are you going? He asked.

"Home, I need to go now so, please, move out my way!"

"Wait. Hold up, why you leaving?" He questioned.