Chapter 5

Chapter 5 **This isn't Texas, Honey Bee **

I waited out in the escalate as I watched her plane land.

"She's arrived." said Julius, her body guard I hired.

I stepped out of the escalate to greet her. A couple men carried her luggage to the escalate then she walked down the steps off the plane.

"Hello." I said as she approached me.

"Hey."

She looked away from me and out threw all the trees beside the airport.

"It's cold here. Nothing like Texas." She said finally looking back at me.

"Well this isn't Texas, Honey Bee."

"Honey Bee?" She questioned.

"Come on. You hungry?"

"What kind of question is that?"

After the men were done loading her luggage in the back of the escalate I had our driver take us to my favorite wing stop.

"Is this a date Mr. Carter?"

I laughed, "If this was a date, which it is not, I would have the curtsy to take you some where a little nicer than this. I was just hungry and assumed we could both use the company."

I ordered twelve mild wings for us both and she got an order of fries and a milkshake.

"So, how was your day?" I asked trying to spark up a conversation.

"How was your day?"

I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "It was okay. Nothing special."

"Well." She said taking a bite off a wing.

"You didn't answer my question."

She rolled her eyes then whipped her mouth, "It was okay. Nothing special."

"Why are you like this?" I asked.

"Like what?"

I took a sip of my water then cleared my throat, "Guarded. It's almost like you're afraid to let me in. I'm not as bad as the tabloid's make me out to be, I promise."

"I fear no one but my mother and God. I am not afraid of you Jay. I just know, you can not mix business with pleasure. That's all."

Her answer really surprised me. I was expecting something like daddy issues, a bad break up, anything but that.

"And I'm not guarded. We barely know each other. The only reason I know your first name is Shawn, is because I took a business class in college and read an article about you. Besides, I don't like people all in my business." She added.

I nodded my head taking in everything she said. I agree with her too. There is never a good outcome when you mix business with pleasure, but no one said anything about pleasure.

"No one said anything about pleasure." I said thinking aloud.

Her face turned a light shade of pink as she took a sip of her milkshake.

"You know what I meant." She said with a giggle at the end.

We finished the last of the wings and she continued drinking her milkshake.

"So..." I started.

She raised her eyebrows and waited for me to continue.

"Do you, are you-um..-"