Bonus 1

They both were laying under the blanket of thousand stars.

The cold breeze was playing with their hair was making the atmosphere more charming.

His hand was tightly intertwined with his wife's hand.

Lost in their thoughts, smiles etched on their lips.

The couple was contented with their little paradise.

Yazan's fingers fiddled with the wedding ring of Mehemel which he gave to her after their Nikkah.
Turning slightly, he looked at the beautiful face of her wife. Even after seven years of marriage, she still left him speechless with her beauty.

Noticing his gaze, she also swiveled, giving attention to her husband.

Both husband and wife were gazing at each other with the purest love.

"What were you thinking?" A soft voice of her husband played in her ears.

With a smile, she placed her head on his chest.

"I was just rewinding the memories."

He caressed her hair with his free hand and dropped a light kiss on her hairline.

"Enlighten me, I also want to feel the bliss."

"Mehmel, didn't you tell me that we are having both girls?"
In a drowsy state, Mehmel nodded at him.

She was shifted to the room after the surgery. Listening to the doctors saying that the twins were fine Mehmel thanked her Almighty.

"Mehmel don't freak out but one is a boy."
Instantly, she got up from the hospital bed but regretted it at the same time because of the severe pain shooting in her abdomen.

Yazan hurriedly went towards her "God, what are you doing, sitting like that, you just had the surgery Mehmel."
He scolded her with strictness in his voice. He was scared that she's gonna open her stitches.

"But, what you said about the boy?"
With worried eyes, she looked at him.

As he opened his mouth to speak, the nurse came in holding two tiny babies wrapped in pink blankets.

"Here you go new parents, congratulations on your babies."

As she handed one to Mehemel and the other to Yazan, Yazan heard her muttering something.

"Welcome to hell, where the little devils won't let you blink even for a second. my one is enough for me, I pray for you both."

Yazan looked at her weirdly.

"Excuse me, nurse, I think something is wrong, the doctor told me that I was having both girls."

The nurse looked at her strangely.
Mehmel was scared that maybe they had exchanged her other girl with someone else's boy. She didn't care about the genders but she was told that she was having girls in one of her appointment.

She also bought everything for girls, and was not prepared for a boy.

"Let me call the doctor." The nurse quickly pivoted on her heels and went out of the room.

Her attention went towards her husband who didn't utter anything, but one look at him and she knew why.

He was delicately holding the baby and murmuring soft words to the infant.

"Yazan, I'm losing my mind here, how can you be so peaceful knowing that one of your child has been exchanged."

"Calm down, sweetheart, you think I can let that happen. I was standing on the nurses' heads like a hawk when they were cleaning the babies and even before, Mummy was there with you the whole time in the operation theatre. When I came to give you the news, I left Mummy to guard the nurse, she is still outside giving us privacy, I think the doctor was just confused about the gender nothing else."

"I hope so!" With a deep breath, she looked down at the tiny baby who was pouting at her mother. One glance at the baby she knew it was hers.

"You are holding our boy, the nurse told me she is dressing up baby boy in white and baby girl in yellow, since the blankets were all pink, that's why they are wrapped up in the same blankets"

With misty eyes, Mehmel held both of her babies and kissed each of them separately.

Yazan came forward and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you for giving these two beautiful souls, I'm complete now Mehmel."

A knock disturbed their private movement.

The doctor in a white coat came forward.

"I'm sorry for all the misunderstanding. The gender of the other baby was unclear from the start as your baby girl was hiding his brother."

Mehmel lightly chuckled and shook her head while looking at her girl.

Yazan laughed wholeheartedly after remembering that particular incident.

"I remember, I made mummy run to buy some boy clothes."

Mehemel smiled at him.

"I can't imagine living without all of you," With a whisper he held Mehmel close to his heart.

Not until five minutes, they both heard the loud voices of their children calling them.

They detached from each other and got up from the grass, "The devils are awake, this time we got a total of three hours last time it was just two."

Mehmel chuckled at his calculations.

They both went inside and saw both of their children running from one room to another in search of their parents.

"Mummy, Baba, where were you, did you left us to eat ice cream or pizza or burger-" With wide eyes and red cheeks Roha was questioning her parents.

"Calm down, we were on the lawn." Yazan hurriedly picked her up.

"Then can we go to eat ice cream, Mummy you promised." This time it was Ahil.

The little munchkins ruled their parent's hearts and it was extremely difficult for both of them to say no.

Life was treating good to them, Mehmel truly believed that it was her gift from Allah for being patient.

Eid Mubarak everyone! Here's a little eidi from me to you.

This Eid will not be the same as most of us are celebrating without our loved ones. May Allah give a high rank in Jannah to those who lost their lives battling Covid.

And also, may Allah ends the suffering of the people of Palestine. Please keep them in your prayers.

Take care
Allah hafiz.