chapter 3

Sleep was miles away from me and the fear of my exam was eating me from inside. Tomorrow is the last exam of my second last semester of dentistry, and because of the wedding preparations, I didn't get any time to study.

So, after offering the Fajar prayer, I collected my books and headed towards the lawn.

Sitting there listening to the sound of birds, I felt contented and a desire of having a strong cup of tea erupted in me.

Reaching towards the kitchen, I started preparing my tea. A Clearing of a throat broke the silence, I turned around and saw a tall man standing in his workout clothes. Instantly, I covered my head with my dupatta and lowered my eyes.

"Merhaba," He said in a strong masculine voice, and soon I knew who was he.

(Hello!)

I nodded at him nervously and turned my attention towards my tea. I sensed him finding something from the cabinets, "kuch chahiya apko agar chai peeni ha to ma bana deti hoon." I asked faintly to him.

(Do you need anything? If you want to drink tea, I can make it for you.)

"Chai nahi coffee, aur bas mujha cheezain da do ma hud bana loon ga." I shook my head, "Nahi main bana deti hoon."

(Not tea, coffee and you can just give me the ingredients I will make it myself)

(No, I can make it for you)

"Hath hain Allah ka shukhar ha bas cheezain day do." I stared at him even though it was wrong to stare, but I couldn't help it.

(I have hands thanks to Almighty and you can just give me ingredients)

He raised his eyebrow, "kuch galat kaha ha manay."

(Did I say something wrong?)

"Nahi bas thora shock hogai thi ghar may koi mard kitchen ka kaam nahi karta aur Dadi ko bhi bura lagta ha jab koi larka kitchen ma ajay."

(No, I was just shocked no man of the house do kitchen chores and grandma also gets upsets when a boy enters in the kitchen.)

He shook his head at me, I knew it was such a ignorant thinking but it was what it was in the Khan Haveli.

"Aur tum ko kia lagta ha?"

(And what do you think)
After a pause I started to rant,
"Mera khayal ma insan ko apna kaam hud karna ma fakhar mahsos karna chaiya, jaha tak mardon ki baat ha to unper bhi yahi strategy implement honi chaiya, Alag mahlooq thori na hain wo." I poured my heart in front of him and instantly realized my mistake.

(In my opinion every person should feel proud in doing their own work as long as it concerns men, same strategy should be implement on them, as they are not some different species )

He had a small smile on his lips.
"Bilkul theek kehti ho magar tumhara bara may manay to kuch aur suna tha kay Mehmel Khan toh bilkul nahi bolti." Avoiding eye contact with him, I returned my attention to my tea.

(You are absolutely right, but I heared something different of you, that Mehmel Khan don't talk much.)

"Itni subha kiu uthi ho?" He asked me curiously.

(Why are you awake this early?)

"Exam ha aj tayari nai ho pai thi isliya parhna lagi hoon bahir garden may."
I mumbled.

(Its my exam today, i had no tome to prepare it that's whay I'm going to study in the garden outside)

"Chalo achi baat ha ma bhi lawn ma hi coffee peena laga tha chai la ka ajao ma bhi ata hoon phir tumhara test lata hoon."
I took my tea and hurriedly went towards the lawn.

(Well, it's a good thing, I was also going to drink coffee on the lawn, bring your tea with you I'm also coming, then I will take your test.)

How's it! Share your thoughts.
Stay safe,❤