Chapter 6

Today's Daneen's Nikkah. Chaos was everywhere. Time was slipping out of the hands and there was still so much to do.

I tried to contribute to the preparation but gave up, as I had zero knowledge of what to do in these types of events.

"Mehmel, everyone is getting their henna done, why are you here?" Zemel, Phopho's only daughter whom I become quite friendly with came into the kitchen after seeing me.

"Um...I'm not in the mood of getting it done." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Why Mehmel, go and get it done, you should enjoy these little occasions," Phopho spoke from beside me, after listening to her mother's comment, Zemal dragged me towards the living room where everyone was gathered.

The boys were passing teasing remarks towards the girls and they being the sassy girls they were, made their mouths shut by replaying with equivalent taunts.

"The function is at night, so take a chill pill." Zakir Taya's youngest son, Shazeb spoke up.

"Hey, after getting this done, we have to go to the beauty salon, so, shut your largemouth and don't speak again, you guys don't even have the decency to take  shower at weddings." The bride's sister Dilara rapidly spoke up in her defense.

All the cousins were there except for Yazan, from the past days I observed him and my conclusion was that he's a reserved kind of person, and only speaks up when needed to, never at once I saw him having an irrelevant gossip, also he didn't try to be friendly with any of the cousins, however, his sister's character is a complete opposite of him, she has a bubbly nature.

"Are you going to the parlor?" Zemal questioned me.

"No, I will get ready at home," I answered in a low voice.

"Great, we will get ready together." She said with the biggest smile on her face.

It was evening, I wore my blush pink frock with the same color trouser and dupatta, while zemal wore a light purple embroidered shirt with sliver cigarette pants and dupatta.

It took us an hour to get ready. "I'm totally satisfied with my look." Zehmal spoke up enthusiastically.

We got ready in my room and I truly enjoyed her company.

"Let's go Mehmel, Lala must be waiting." I bit my lips and nodded at her.

"Mummy asked him to take us with him as she is going with Dadi, Baseer mammu, and Rehma mammi."

"oh okay." Checking again in the mirror last time, and fixing our dupattas we went downstairs.

"We're here Lala, let's go." Yazan scowled at her, sensing his brother's mood she hurriedly sat on the passenger seat and I hide my smile after seeing the siblings' interaction.

The next three hours went in a blur with the bride and groom saying 'I do,' the dance number of the boys, and small traditions.

Everything was going smoothly, Baba also went away straight to the airport after attending the Nikkah and witnessing it, until Dadi's health got disturbed and she was taken to the hospital immediately.

It was the end of the function, most of the people already left and only close family witnessed this.

Zohair chacha took the responsibility of sending everybody home. In the haste, we reached home but everybody was miserable because of Dadi's health and prayed for her speedy recovery.

I was sitting with Phopho, holding her hand, assuring her that everything would be alright.

But after seeing her tears, I also couldn't stop my tears from falling.

What do you guys think gonna happen afterward, comment on your theories! The next chapter will be published soon.