Chapter 1

The sun was again hiding behind the clouds and the sky was there with the darkest color, the thunder boomed in the sky making lots of hearts shiver in fear.

But I was habitual of this kind of weather, it didn't scare me, not even when I was a little girl. Dada used to tell me that it was also a rainy day when I was born maybe that's also a reason that I'm not scared of this sort of weather.

Swat, a gorgeous place in Pakistan, and my home it's where I was born, and raised into a young woman. It's where my only savior, my Dada is buried.

"Mehmel, Dadi is calling you." Rehma Tayi's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

Covering my head with my mustard dupatta, I went towards my grandmother's room.

"Dadi, apnay bulaya tha?" I asked the old woman in a soft voice.

(Grandma, you called me?)

"Bas yahi kehna tha ka kaal university sa jaldi ajana shaddi ki tayariyan shuru hogain hain mehman ana shuru ho jaye gay kal kaam jaldi hatm karlaina." She ordered me in a strict voice and I nodded at her politely.

(I just wanted to tell you that come early tomorrow from university, the wedding preparation has started and the guests would start to come from tomorrow, make sure to wind up your work quickly tomorrow.)

Khan haveli was built by my great grandfather and from him, the tradition of living together continues till now.

Dada had four sons and a daughter the eldest son, Baseer was married to Rehma and had three children, two daughters, Danneen, Dilara, and one son Darman.

Then comes the second son Zakir who was married to Laila and had two sons Wali and Shazeb.

Next comes my father Waji who was married to my mother Sameena, and had only me.

Following in line was Zohair, the youngest and his wife Zarpash, who had a son and a daughter named Diyar and Gul Bano.

The last one was his only daughter Zahra, who had a son named Yazan and a daughter Zemal. Zahra was married to Ibrahim khan who belongs to the same cast but was not from the family. He was a businessman and was settled in Turkey and after marriage he also took his wife with him.

I was not raised by my parents, my mother was a city girl and had many dreams and my father was hopelessly in love with her, she didn't wished for any children and wanted to make a career in the fashion industry, that's why, after I was born, they gave me to my grandfather to look for me.

Danneen was engaged to her mother's friend son for a long time, and now it was finally time for their wedding.

The Haveli was shinning with uncountable lights as the eldest daughter of the Khan family was going to be wed.

There was hustle bustle everywhere. Someone was making sure their dress comes in time and some reserving the best beauticians in the city.

In the middle of all this, no one asked me if I needed anything, no one even acknowledged my presence.

But who am I kidding because it has always been just me, just Mehmel.

Hey! The first chapter is up! Tell me your thoughts I love to read your comments.
Vote and comment for more
Mk.

Vote and comment for more❤Mk