I've run out of excuses

In the morning, Seren woke up and when she looked at the ground she saw drops of blood on the floor. So she hurried to Garito's room where she found him changing his bloody bandages.

Seren: (worried) Are you okay?

Garito: Good morning and yes I'm fine. Let's have breakfast.

Then Garito and Seren went to the cafe. Where Garito saw two familiar faces, Hitomi and the guy. Hitomi had pancakes with syrup, and the guy only had coffee. Garito and Seren came to them.

Garito: What a coincidence that we see each other here, Ratel.

Hitomi: What are you doing here? You are following me?

Garito: No, I'm just going to breakfast with my sister.

Seren: Hi.

Then Hitomi noticed that someone was coming to her and stood up.

Hitomi: I'm really sorry about yesterday.

Guy: Oh, you don't need to... I mean, it was my falt to begin-

A man with glasses came to them.

man with glasses: What are you apologizing for? (everyone looked at him) You performed your job perfectly. Isn't that right, Hitomi?

Hitomi: But, there was some trouble before the match, and I wanted to beat Fenrir here with one blow, but I git rushed down and then it ends in a draw, so I was afraid I may have caused you to worry.

man with glasses: (stroked Hitomi's head) I believe in you. There was never a moment that I felt worried.

Hitomi: Mr. Shidoh!

Garito: Then I won't disturb you anymore, have a quiet breakfast

Shidoh: Wait a minute, Fenrir. ( gave Garito the briefcase he had brought) This is for the match.

Garito: I can't accept that.

Shidoh: Yes you can, you and Hitomi performed a big show.

Garito: Well thank you.

Garito and Seren sat down and ordered breakfast. After breakfast, Seren looked at Garito angrily.

Garito: What?

Seren: What?! What were you doing last night?!

Garito: Killing Bites, I got a message from Shidoh, which is the guy who gave me this briefcase and asked me to fight Hitomi, I wanted to sneak out, but then the thing with that van happened.

Seren: At least you could have told me you had a match!

Garito: And letting you worry, not by chance, and here's the bigger thing we have to worry about.

Seren: What thing?

Garito: We'll have to go back to school.

Seren: Wait why?!

Garito: I've run out of excuses and the teachers are starting to ask a lot of questions.

Seren: When do we have to go back?

Garito: Tomorrow.

Seren: And you couldn't tell me before!

Garito: So I'm telling you now!

Seren: You're awful sometimes.

Garito: You're my sister, so you should know.

Then Garito and Seren began eavesdropping on the conversation between Shidoh and the guy.

Shidoh: are you familiar with the zaibatsu? A group of oldest merchants with 400 years of history. That is the zaibatsu. While they were supposedly dismantled after the war, the Japanese economy is still being controlled by four zaibatsus: Mitsukade, Yatsubishi, Sumitome, and Ishida. A secret proxy war with each zaibatsu's representation on the line. Thats is Killing Bites. Each generation, the strongest have killed each other. And now all Killing Bites fighters have become Therianthropes. It is my Bureau's job to run Killing Bites smoothly. Even regarding your friends last night, we have arranged their deaths to look like a car accident.

Guy: I'm sorry! I had no idea! To think they were rapists! I only knew Houjo through an old part-time job, and he just called me out of the blue to drive him.

Hitomi: Don't try to act all innocent! You were jacking off in the driver's seat!

Guy: I wasn't!

Hitomi: Don't lie to me!

Guy: I tried to stop them! Please believe me!

Hitomi: No way!

Shidoh: If that's the case, I won't have to worry leving Hitomi with you. I will assign Hitomi to be your bodyguard.

Hitomi: No! Why do I have to guard this loser?

Shidoh: He is currectly Brute Ratel's sole investor. If something should happen to him, you will lose your right to participate in Killing Bites. That would mean heavy losses for us. I'm asking you to help.

Hitomi: Okey, if thats is what you need from me.

Shidoh: I'm couting on you. Mr. Nomoto, I'll have you invest in the next fight as well. (gave him his second briefcase) Use this to pay. It's a portion of our last draw. Bye then. (left)

Garito and Seren stopped eavesdropping. And they went home. Where Garito counted his money from his briefcase.

Garito: 30 million yen. And it was just a draw, try to imagine how much we would get if I won.

Seren: That's really a lot of money.

Garito: And by pure chance we have nothing in the fridge. Don't you want to go shopping with me?

Seren: Why not.

Shopping was no problem, and now they were both returning with their hands full. Then a girl with red hair and a coat walked past them, and Garito recognized her immediately. Arashina Ryouko, Brute Raudi aka Porcupine

Garito: Hi Ryouko.

Ryouko: Oh, hi Garito and Seren, I had no idea I'd meet you here.

Garito: Neither do I, so who is the lucky guy today to show what you have under your coat and then kill him?

Ryouko: No one important but a person who has something to do with Ratel. But if you want to be the lucky guy like that, we can arrange it and even without killing part.

Garito: Yeah, I know them both, but don't worry, I won't fight you, as you can see, we already have our hands full.

Ryouko: Okay, I can see him now, I'll see you again sometime. (left)

Seren: Still the same exhibitionist as always.

Garito: Don't worry about it now, let's make dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading