Strange and Bad Encounters

After that long awkward weekend, it was school time. Yay.

I entered the school but something seemed off. I didn't know what it was until Stiles bumped into me. His eyes found mine, frantically. He grabbed my shoulders and grinned as he recognized me. "Asher! Where's Isaac?"

I shrug, "I guess he went to his first class or something." Stiles shakes his head and glances around the hallway, wearily.

"He wasn't in there. He's not answering his phone and neither is Scott. They could be making out but I don't think so." I grimace at the thought of my brother making out. Stiles grabs my wrist and yanks me into a janitors closet. "We needed more privacy." He explained. "Why would they be missing?" I shrug and start to worry about the guy's mental health. His eyes meet mine again before he's face to face. He bent down to match my height as he stared. "Don't worry. I'll find them."

He ran out the door. I mumble, "I wasn't worried..."

Other than that strange occurrence, the day went on like usual. Avoid Theo, go to class, avoid Isaac, avoid Isaac's friends. Today me and Theo didn't plan on doing the usual lunch thing. He texted saying he had to be with Scott for lunch. I didn't care, I had to find Corey to give him back the notes he let me borrow.

I went outside to where I knew Corey ate lunch. But it's also where they all ate lunch. I finally got enough bravery to approach the table. When I was a foot away, I somehow just then noticed that Theo was sitting right there. At the table.

I cleared my throat as I stood in front of them. They all turned their gaze to me as I made eye contact with Corey. He sat between Mason and Stiles. Scott and Isaac were on the same side and across was Liam, Malia, Lydia, and Theo. Theo was sitting at the edge so I was closest to him. I shakily said to Corey, "Here's your notes." He took them from my hand and smiled. He's so sweet but he hangs out with people I avoid.

I avert my eyes from Theo's direction as much as possible. I'm about to leave when Scott speaks up, "Hey you wanna sit with us?" I gulp, hoping he didn't ask that. What do I say? 'No because then you would know that I'm dating this guy which has been called a maniac by many'? Should I say that?

I glance at Theo fearfully. It seemed like the best option. And it was. He very subtly nodded. I knew that he wanted to keep the 'enemies' relationship between us. I mentally agreed and started to glare at him. Then I focused back on Scott. I spat out, "I don't want to sit with a murderer!"

I give Theo one last scowl before stomping away. I heard the whole table's gasps and even saw some of their shocked faces. I had seen Theo's face before I left. It was sad but understanding. I knew that when I got home, Isaac would have quite a few words for me...