ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

2 June 2005
Approximately 11:06 A.M.
Nikko, Japan

The car began to slow, allowing you to shift away from the window. As you opened your eyes, they quickly widened at the sudden jerk of the car. Geto’s arm shot out across your collarbone and shoulders, keeping you from slamming your head against the  deat in front of you. You blinked away the sleepiness, turning your gaze to the windows again. People ran past you, their frightened cries and words muffled from the inside of the car.

“Yasuo-san? What’s going on?” You asked.

“E-Everyone’s flooding from the school,” He replied. “Th-there’s no way I can drive through the mass of people.”

“We’ll get out here,” Geto said. “Yasuo-san, please see to it a curtain is placed over the school.”

“Of course,”

“Holy crap!” You exclaimed. “There’s too many people to even open the damn doors! We’ll have to get out through the window. We’ll be able to see better on the roof anyways.” Geto nodded in agreement, and the both of you slipped through the windows, Geto offering a hand to pull you onto the roof. You both stood up and looked around.

“Hey, kid!” You yelled, stopping one of the students. “What’s going on?”

“Th-there’s a bomb! Th-they told us to evacute! All the alarms are going off! Th-there’s still people in there!” She yelled before running off.

“Bombs?” Geto echoed.

“As expected from non-sorcerers,” You replied. “They can’t see the curse crashing around, and the logical answer for everything breaking suddenly like that would be bombs or landmines. We need to get inside of the school.”

“Yeah. I can get us there,” Geto said, offering his hand. You took it in confusion, gasping when he pulled you into his side and stepped off the roof of the car. You clung to him in shock, looking down at the curse you stood on.

That’s right. Geto’s ability was Cursed Manipulation. He can dominate curses he’s defeated in the past and after ingesting them, he’s able to control them. It was a weird technique, but by God, was it useful and very strong.

“Careful, he likes to buck off,” Geto warned, helping you step off the curse. You watched as it returned to a black orb before disappearing.

“C-Come on. I have an idea where he could be,” You said. “I know my way around this school, and I think he’s in the gym.”

“Then lead the way,” Geto said, pulling open the door.

You glanced at the people that ran past you, escaping from the doors. You swallowed hard. You still hadn’t seen Kiana yet. Of course, she could have been one of the first ones to escape...but...her first period was P.E. wasn’t it? God, you really hoped she wasn’t in there. That could be seriously bad if she was.

“Y/n,” Geto called. “Yasuo-san still hasn’t put up the curtain?”

You glanced out of the passing window. He hadn’t. Why not?

“It needs to be put up soon,” You said worriedly, a frown forming on your face. If the police show up, this could be bad. “We need to check on him. Yasuo-san can’t fight. If he was attacked, then everything could go wrong.”

“I don’t want to leave you alone,” He frowned.

“Go, Sugar. I’ll be fine. That curtain is our main priority. If something did happen to Yasuo-san, put one up. We’ll regroup later,” You said. Geto hesitated before slowing down.