ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

2 June 2005
Approximately 12:00 P.M.
Nikko, Japan

Warning(s): slight blood/gore, strong language

The sound of the click reached your ears before the actual gunshot did. You stood in pure shock, processing what happened. You felt a burning sensation in your chest, making you look down. The quick pierce hurt like hell and was soon followed by a series of sharp pricks like someone was continuously poking you with a needle. Then, the shockwave hit you. You stumbled back, eyes blowing wide.

Geto snapped his neck to the side when he heard it. His eyes widened when he saw you take a shaking step back, hand rising to your chest. He was behind you in an instant, catching you in his arms.

"G-get down!" One of the officers yelled. Geto's eyes narrowed into thin slits as he crouched down, scooping you into his arms. The next moment, he was ducking behind a piece of rubble, looking down at you with worry.

"Y/n," He muttered.

"I-it's okay," You rasped. "I-I don't think it hit my heart or my lung."

"Shit," Geto said, carefully placing you onto the ground. He put his hand over the wound, his skin quickly becoming soaked with your crimson blood. "There's no exit wound, so the bullet's still in there."

"M-Make a tourniquet," You said. "Tie it here."

"Can you breath okay?" He asked, taking his school jacket off to rip a piece of fabric. He grabbed a stick from the ground and tied it around your shoulder.

"I-it's g-getting harder," You admitted. He could tell. Your chest heaved up and down, and your breaths were short.

"Come out where we can see you!" A voice yelled. You saw Geto's hand clench. He was mad.

"Fucking pigs," He spat, gentle fingers pressing against your neck. His lips moved silently, counting the beats from your heart. He balled the rest of his jacket up and placed it over the wound. "This might make it a little harder to breathe, but if it's too much, tap me, okay?"

You nodded, wincing as he slightly leaned over you. He was putting pressure on the wound to stop some of the bleeding. The pressure caused a thin trail of blood to dribble from the corner of your mouth, pooling into the blood under you. Geto cursed.

"CEASE FIRE!"

The voice was loud and echoed around the room.

"SUGURU, Y/N!"

"Sensei!" Geto yelled, peering over the rock. "Sensei!"

In a moment, Yaga was beside you. He felt your pulse, then looked at Geto.

"Good job, Suguru," He said. Carefully, he slipped his arms under you and lifted you up. You whimpered, the ache in your chest washing over your whole body. You held his shirt in a loose grip, head resting against his chest.

"Freeze!"

Geto raised his head, eyes blazing with anger. Your kusarigama slipped in his hands, the blade glinting in the sun. the veins in his arms were visible, and even you could see he was a second away from lashing out. But Yaga was faster.

"Get the hell out of my way," He barked. He shoved past the man, walking straight towards a black car. "I want all their badge numbers," He said gruffly, passing the auxiliary manager there.

"Yessir."

"S-sensei," You mumbled.

"What's wrong?" He said. Your eyes were fluttering.