ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

18 April 2006
Approximately 3:02 P.M
Tokyo, Japan

⚠︎Spoilers for chapters 72 + 73⚠︎

At 11:00 A.M, the bounty on Amanai Riko was lifted, and at 3:00, you, Geto, Gojo, Amanai, and Kuroi arrived back in Tokyo. You were safe for now within the school’s barrier, but...you couldn’t help but feel off.

“Something wrong, Y/n?” Geto asked, noticing the frown on your face.

“Something’s not right,” You muttered.

“What do you mean? Is there a disturbance in the barrier?” He asked.

“No...it’s not that. I need to check on something. I’ll meet back up with you later,” You said.

“Oh, alright,” He said.

You heard them talking as you left, entering the school. You walked down the twisting hallways, soon arriving at the door in the armory. Sliding it open, you gasped at the state inside. Everything was thrown, rattling and knocking against each other. You gasped and ducked down as a blade shot forward, embedding in the wall behind you. The blade of resonance? You altered that weapon so only when…

Your eyes widened.

“Shit!” You exclaimed, pulling the weapon from the wall swiftly. You ran down the hall, sprinting outside. As soon as you touched the ground, you were knocked back by a blasting force. Your back smacked against the opposite wall, and you rose your arms to your face to shield it from the rocks that flew at you.

The only person who had that kind of force was Gojo. Dammit, he must already be in combat then! Stumbling to your feet, you jumped up and tore the curtain down from the window before tearing a strip off. You wrapped it around your waist, making a makeshift holder for the sheath of the katana. You took your kusarigama out, wrapping it around the top of the torii, to lift yourself up. You stood on the top, panicked eyes searching the area.

Your breath hitched in your throat. That guy...was he…? Oh no. No, no, no.

A figure lay in the center of a crater, blood rapidly spilling under him. His snowy-white hair danced in the breeze, body motionless. You broke through your initial shock fairly quickly, jumping from the structure, rolling onto your feet, and bolting towards him. Your knees scraped against the concrete as you dropped the weapon, turning him around quickly.

His blue eyes snapped open, eyebrows furrowing together as he gazed at you. You put your hand over the wound on his neck, carefully as to not block his airway, cursing under your breath. Blood trickled from the corner of his mouth, and you could tell he was trying to speak.

“Shh, Satoru, don’t try and talk, okay?” You said.

“A...ma...nai…” He rasped. You could feel your heart thumping in your chest. Amanai? The Star Plasma Vessel?

“S-Satoru?” You exclaimed, feeling his hands weakly push you away.

“A...man...ai…”

You looked at him with shock. Amanai? She must be in danger. He was trying to get you to her first. You swallowed hard. You looked down at Gojo.

“Don’t. Die. On. Me.” You stated firmly. He smiled briefly.

Snatching the kusarigama from the ground, you bolted. Geto was with her no doubt. Could he protect her? And the resonance sword; it was altered to only react against the Chain of a Thousand Miles. So the only person responsible for this was…

Fushiguro Toji.

That bastard.

Geto would have gone to the crypts. The Star Plasma Vessel was to be escorted to Master Tengen, and in the dire situation, that’s where they should have gone. Your steps bounced off the large expanse of the walls, and you gasped when you saw a figure laying on the ground. Kuroi.

Kneeling beside her, you felt for a pulse. It was extremely faint, but it was there. “Please, just hang on a little longer,” You whispered, running into the place further.

“Well looky here,”

The sudden voice made you stop, the figure at the end of the tunnel nearing your vision. You clenched your jaw, eyes narrowing into thin slits. Toji walked forward, wiping some blood from his cheek. Your heart sank into your stomach.

“I’ve never been good a remembering faces or names, but I know you, little bunny,” He chuckled.

“Where is the Star Plasma Vessel?” You growled, holding the kusarigama up.

“Dead,” He stated plainly. “And that curse manipulator is close behind her.”

Amanai was dead? Oh no, this just got a lot worse. And what about Geto? He was close behind her?

“It’s people like you,” You said lowly, making him cup a hand around his ear.

“What’d you say?”

“It’s people like you, the men who would kill innocent people for a shred of money or attention, the men who would so carelessly take a human’s life without a second thought, that make me eradicate everyone. It’s people like you that disgust me the most. People like you make me want to splatter your filthy blood into the ground and watch something precious be born from it,”

Suddenly you were behind him. His eyes widened at the feeling of the katana on his throat, and the curse around his shoulders splitting open with a shrill cry that echoed around you. The chain dropped into your palm as you sliced the blade across his throat. He fell to his knees in front of you.

“It’s people like you who are unfit to live in such an innocent society.”

He dashed away from you. Dammit! You took the chain away from him.

He was quick to turn and thrust his own blade through your stomach, yet you remained unwavering. Your lips formed into a grin as you stared down at him with wide eyes. The next thing he knows, he’s knocked back several meters. He flips onto his feet, watching the chain swing in front of you.

“Cursed Technique combination: Quick Lash Reconnaissance.”

He snapped his head down to see the chain wrapped around his ankle. His back slammed against the concrete, and he shielded his face as the ground broke apart. You watched through the cloud of dust expecting him to be there when it settled. But he was not.

You heard the softest tap behind you. Had it been someone normal, they would have never heard it. But with your training, you could. The sound of a shoe easing to the ground.

You activated your curse the moment the blade struck through you. The negative energy you outputted into the chain was multiplied by the amount you just extended it with, creating a double negative; a positive.

This was the secret of the reversal technique.

As he removed the blade, the injury became next to nothing. A mere scratch in your flesh. As you whipped around, the chain slamming into the ground, breaking it apart, he was gone.

And so was Amanai’s body.