ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

2 June 2005
Approximately 11:32 A.M.
Nikko, Japan

warning(s): slight gore

Ouch!”

You fell back on the ground, the weapon in your hands falling to the ground with a loud clatter. You felt tears pricking the corner of your eyes, the gash in your palm becoming more painful by the second. Your cry of pain alerted the older man across the field, who was in front of you in a moment.

“You have to be more careful, Y/n,” He scolded, running his fingers over the cut. As he did, the wound began to heal, closing and only leaving a thin scar in its place. He reached up, wiping the corner of your eyes with his thumb before they could fall over your cheeks.

“I-It’s too hard, Ira-sensei! I can’t do it!” You said, kicking the blade away from you. “I always get cut!”

“Hmm. I think we can solve that,” Leaning down, he picked the weapon from the ground. You sniffled, wiping your nose as you watched him carry it into the house.

“Ira-sensei? Where are you going?” He didn’t reply, making you frown. You followed after him, changing shoes before running down the hall. You peered around him as he walked into a room lined with weapons. He sat down at the table, laying the short sword across it. You hopped onto the stool, watching him intently.

“Since the blade keeps cutting you, we’ll try something different. What do you think, Y/n? What do you think you’ll be able to handle?” He asked, looking to you.

“I...I want something cool! Like Scorpion!” You said, throwing your arm out, reeling back an imaginary chain. “Chichi and Ojisan play it alot!”

“Hmm. A chained kunai? I don’t have one of those...but…” He stood up, moving to the opposite wall. You perked up at the sound of a chain rattling. Your eyes lit up at the sight of the weapon in his hands. “This is called a kusarigama. Here, try to hold it.”

You jumped from the stool as he knelt it in front of you, passing you the chain and the scythe blade. You gasped at the heavy weight from both, dropping it onto the ground with wide eyes. He caught it before it could cut your foot.

“I-It’s heavy!” You exclaimed.

“Yes, the Kusarigama requires a great strength to possess,” He replied. “But don’t worry, we’ll find something else--”

“No! I want that one, Ira-sensei!” You frowned.

“Y/n, you can’t even lift it.”

“I’ll get stronger!” You said, bowing your small body in front of him. “I promise, Ira-sensei! I’ll become strong enough to wield it! Please keep it safe until I can!”

He blinked at you in shock. Slowly, he smiled. With a chuckle, he nodded and stood up. He retrieved a case, carefully placing the weapon inside.

“Alright, Y/n. It’ll be safe here until you can use it.”

The handle of the scythe fell into your hand, the chain wrapping around your other hand. You dropped into a defensive stance, the chain slipping through your palm and letting the blade dangle in the air. Geto had his back to yours, hands in front of him.

“We only have one chance at this, Y/n.”

Your eyes narrowed. “I know.”

“We don’t know how the police will act, but we can only assume they’ll force us down when they see your weapon,” He frowned. “Is anyone--”