25: Journal Entry #13

Journal Entry #13

August 18th

1 year and 11 months since

Nate and Raven got married a couple days ago. It was a beautiful wedding. The happiness that excluded from Nate and Raven was enough to bring even the toughest person to tears. Raven said she felt your presence with her on her special day, I don't doubt it. I know you wouldn't miss your best friends wedding. Didn't she look so beautiful? I couldn't help but to think about what you would've looked like on our wedding day. I just know you would've been glowing. Eric and Julia announced they're pregnant. Nate and I didn't even know they were seeing each other. I guess they've been secretly dating, just testing the waters to see if they would work and now Julia is expecting. I've never seen Eric so genuinely happy. He looks over the moon to become a father. I can't wait to be an uncle. Our friend group is evolving. Marriage, children, I sometimes feel like I'm falling behind. Our friends are moving on with life and I'm still stuck in the past. Maybe it's time to move on. I met a girl, Ally. Her name is Lauren. She's Raven's sister. She came up to me and asked me to dance. I politely declined so she offered to keep me company, claiming I was too attractive to be left alone. We got to talking and she's a really cool girl. You would've loved her, Ally. I told her I wasn't interested in a relationship and didn't want to lead her on but she told me she understood. She lost her boyfriend three years ago to a car accident. I think she's the only one that truly understands what I'm going through. As much as our friends try to understand, they will never realize how hard it's been when I feel like my other half was taken from me and I'll never get it back. Lauren understands. She gets it. I think she's going to be good for me. A good friend. Someone who understands. Someone who won't judge me for my grieving. I think I need to close this chapter of my life, Ally. I think it's time I stop journaling. I'm ready to move on with life. I'll always love you, Ally. No one will ever replace you. I can't wait until we meet again, my love.

Forever yours, alex