Part 8: Unaware of our secrets

1806 words

(A/N - honestly I don't know. I'm making this up as I go along. Also, this whole part will be in 3rd person with a Stefan POV.)

3rd Person POV.

The entire group was split up. Stefan and Elena were at the lakehouse. Bonnie was in the cemetery, talking to her ancestors. Damon was in Chicago with Elijah and Katherine. The rest of them were spread across the forest in mystic falls. Damon had decided to return to mystic falls and Elijah would return a few days later, they were to act as if the original plan was the one that would be executed, except it wasn't they were going to execute Katherine's plan which is why whilst Damon is on a flight back home there is a whining doppelganger next to him. She is going to mystic falls with Damon to do her role of breaking up Stefan and Elena. Katherine is sitting next to Damon yapping away and it gets to a point where Damon becomes extremely frustrated. He looks at her and whispers her name seductively, he reaches over, she starts to smirk sultry, he smirks back and leans closer to her whispering in her ears; Damon snaps her neck and sits back laughing to himself. Finally peace at last. He knew Katherine was gonna be pissed when she woke up. Oh well, he can deal with that. Damon thought Elijah was also going to be pissed at the fact that he hurt his beloved 'Katerina' he felt a pang of jealousy but quickly pushed it away and went back to enjoying a quiet flight without Katherine's voice, little did he know Elijah felt nothing for Katherine but rather prefers the company of a certain raven-haired boy.

(A/N - these idiots I swear to god they need to kiss)

Elijah had planned to stay back in Chicago but instead returned to New Orleans to prepare resources to awake Mikael. Elijah knows he enjoys the company of Damon and now that he has admitted it to himself at least he can stop pretending to hate him. Elijah needed another witch, hopefully, one that wouldn't die. He needed a powerful witch, he chose the regent of the New Orleans witches, lucky for him the witch owed him. Elijah has helped a lot of people, many people are in debt to him, make no mistake in thinking Elijah helped out of niceness he made sure he received his debt paid in full. Elijah found his witch and explained the task that needed to be complete. The witch is reluctant but agrees to pay off his debt to Elijah. The witch was curious, what had happened that was so bad that Elijah had to awake the man who chased him down for centuries.
"Niklaus is coming to town."
Elijah said
"He killed my whole family and I want him gone. Mikael only chased us down because we supported Niklaus, He wants Klaus dead, that is what he will get."
He finished and the witch handed him a list of things to find her. He nodded and told her he will be back. He left the witch's house, he went around the back into her garden and came into her house again using the back entrance, he killed the witch. The witch mistakened Elijah for a fool and he did not like that. Nothing was required to wake Mikael, just the blood of a vampire and a witch strong enough to perform the spell to open the doors of his grave and the chains on his body in the coffin. Tragic. The Bennett witch would have to do. He decided to head back to Mystic Falls earlier as he had nothing else to do. He thought of Damon and Katherine on that flight. They were probably already making out by now. Damon and Katherine had some sort of attraction. Elijah was jealous, of course, he was, he wanted Damon. Katerina could be around Damon and the two could do whatever they wanted wherever and whenever. He didn't want to be envious, he hated the feeling but couldn't help it. What Elijah didn't know was that Damon didn't care about Katherine, he had snapped her neck, all Damon was thinking of was a fancy original in a suit and tie. Elijah wanted Damon and Damon wanted Elijah, It's A shame they didn't both know that.

Stefan POV.

Elena and I had arrived at the lakehouse yesterday during the evening. We spent the day looking for the white oak ashes, we found them in a hidden closet along with old Gilbert journals. Originally we were meant to leave as soon as we found it but we didn't. Elena and I decided to stay for at least another night or two. It was nice to be able to spend time with my girlfriend, just the two of us while she was carefree even if only for a while. Elena and I had a plan of our own, we were not going to give Elijah the ashes. They could kill an original right? So we were going to use it on Elijah, he can't be trusted, we needed him gone. Elena agreed to do it as only a human can dagger him and if a vampire tries to the vampire will die. No one could know the plan, we don't know who's head he could get into. After two nights Elena and I planned on returning, we would tell the gang we didn't find it and hide it where they would not find it. I know it's a lie and we hate having to lie to our friends but the original can't be trusted.
Damon had been leaving me messages updating me about what is going on. He told me he found Katherine in Chicago but has not found Elijah. He told me he is on his way home with Katherine, it was time for Elena and me to return to Mystic Falls but first I have to warn her about Katherine.
"Elena we have to go back home now"
"Ugh noooo Stefan can't we just stay here like forever"
I laugh when she says that
"Come on pack your stuff Damon is back from Chicago and the others must have searched everywhere too."
She smiles at me
"fine. Ok, you're right let's go."
We pack our stuff and get ready to leave. Once we get in the car I tell her about Katherine, her face drops.
"Elena I am sorry, but she has the moonstone and she's cunning, she won't hand it over. I promise I will protect you from her."
She nodded before falling asleep in the car. I just hope this plan works.

3rd Person POV.

Stefan and Damon both have different plans from the one they originally came up with. Stefan thought Damon was following the original plan and Damon thought Stefan was following the original plan, what they hadn't realised was that both the brothers were following their plans.
Damon and Katherine had landed in Atlanta and Katherine had woken up from her temporary death minutes before landing.
"What. The. Hell. Damon, how dare you. Who do you think you are? You, you snapped my neck, I will kill you."
Damon ignored her so she scoffed and sat back in her seat. They landed in Atlanta as there were no airports in mystic falls. They got off the plane and Katherine looked around,
"There is no way I am sitting in a taxi"
she says. Damon looks at her,
"well then it's your lucky day"
he says walking over to his blue 69 chevy Camaro convertible and sits in it beckoning for her to come over. When she didn't move, Damon started the car and drove off, he was at the exit of the car park when she vamped over and got in the moving car and they started to drive off to mystic falls.
"Seriously Damon you were just going to leave me here"
She scoffed
"Yup"
Damon nodded turning on the radio.
"You know my neck still hurts,"
she says, rubbing it.
"You know you have mistaken me with someone who cares"
he replies straight away. She shoots him the death stare. He sighs,
"Fine, if I let you kill a male human of your choice, will you shut up?"
Damon asks Katherine, she shrugs and nods excitedly. Damon rolls his eyes.
"Tell me when you find your toy I'll pull over"
They drive for another hour and have 30 mins left till they're at the Salvatore boarding house when Katherine points at a young man.
"Oo he is cute she says stop here I want him"
Damon stops and she goes and gets this guy. She is going to kill him but he doesn't know... Poor guy. She comes back in the car with him and feeds from the guy. They arrive at the boarding house and the human is practically dead. He pushes open the door and everyone except Stefan and Elena are here. Katherine drops the body
"so, which one's my room?"
Everyone stares at her in shock. She tries to go in but can't get inside. She's not invited in, since the deed is in Elena's name. Damon sniggers at her.
"Well"
Damon says
"I'm Going to go inside and freshen up after my long long journey"
Katherine tried to shove him but he had already walked into the house.
"What's wrong kitty Kat can't get in."
He goes upstairs laughing. He showers and puts his stuff in his room. Stefan and Elena arrive and Elena reluctantly invites Katherine inside. He comes back downstairs and groaned
"Who invited her in"
"I told Elena too."
Stefan says. Damon is confused
"But why, we need Katherine here, yes but she doesn't have to be in our house."
Stefan sighs knowing he made an idiotic move by inviting her inside the house.
"I told them not to but they didn't listen."
Bonnie said.
"You are all idiots."
Damon says. They all sit down and talk about their findings. Stefan and Elena lie saying they don't have the ash and Damon lies about not knowing the location of Elijah.
"So what do we do now?"
Caroline asks.
"Go home. Seriously thank you for all your help, go and get some rest."
Stefan tells them.
"Ooh Bonnie hold on a sec we need to talk"
Damon tells her. They all leave, including Stefan who decided to stay at Elena's, Bonnie stays back asking what is wrong. Damon tells her the truth about Chicago and explains the plan. Bonnie looked shocked but luckily accepted and agreed to help Damon plan.
"Thanks, bon"
he says. She smiles and heads home. Damon goes up into his room. Lies on the bed and is asleep within moments. Goodnight.