𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕: 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐖𝐈𝐒?

"Am I invisible or something?"

SIX MONTHS AGO
JANUARY 10th, 2007

   ERIS' BODY FROZE AS SHE HEARD FOOTSTEPS APPROACH.

"Do ya' smell that Craig?" A dark scratchy voice rumbled from afar.

She could hear someone sniffing the air, "Huh? Now that you say that it does smell...," she could hear the other monster lick it's lips, "yummy..."

   Her grip on the spear tightened.

   Monsters.

   They didn't sound too far away and if they were already picking up on her scent—

   They were gonna find her and kill her soon.

   A part of her contemplated just staying there on the ground and letting them find her. Hopefully they'd make her death quick and fast. Nothing too brutal or painful. She especially hoped that they'd kill her before eating her.

   Her leg was bleeding a lot and fast. She'd probably die of blood lost soon.

   She grit her teeth as silent tears rolled down her fast. Her hands wouldn't stop shaking and her breath quickened.

    But...Eris wanted to live. She wanted to see her friends again she had only been able to spend one week with them. She had never had friends before and now that she finally had them—

    Percy

   Annabeth

   Grover

    Willow

    Cerberus

    Charon

    Even though she wanted so desperately to give up she knew that they would want her to at least try.

    There really was no hope in Tartarus. No food, no water that she could see but...

    She could at least try.

    Maybe it had something with her spear being named Courage or maybe she was just feeling desperate but Eris stabbed her spear into the dirty and mustered all the strength she could to stand. She quietly sniffed as she wiped her tears.