𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐: 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑

"Would you be mad if I said 'yes'?"

PRESENT

   THE ONLY WORDS THAT CAME OUT OF PERCY'S MOUTH WAS:

    "Um...okay."

      Maybe Eris should be worshiping the ground that Artemis walked on like how Grover currently was—

    Grover gasped, then knelt hastily in the snow and started yammering, "Thank you, Lady Artemis! You're so...you're so...Wow!"

Grover was over there acting like Artemis was Jesus Christ himself.

   —-but the only thing on Eris's mind was Annabeth. She just hoped she was okay.

   Icarus had arrived only two minutes ago to say he couldn't find any trace of Annabeth, Eris almost started another earthquake when he finished his sentence.

   But Eris was sure that if she wasn't so worried about Annabeth she'd probably be acting similar to Grover but...not so dramatic.

Back when Eris was at camp she was always in awe when the Hunters visited. They were just so cool, and they were a real family. All Eris had ever wanted was a family. She even considered joining them at one point but she didn't think they would accept someone who was 'crazy' and something about living forever rubbed Eris the wrong way. She didn't want to live forever, she wanted to eventually find peace.

"Get up, goat boy!" Thalia snapped at Grover. "We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!"

"Whoa," Bianca di Angelo said. "Hold up. Time out."

Everybody looked at her. She pointed her finger at all of them in turns, like she was trying to connect the dots. "Who...who are you people?"

Artemis's expression softened. "It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you? Who are your parents?"

Bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at Artemis.

     "Our parents are dead," Bianca said. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..." She faltered, looking at the expressions on their faces. "What?" she demanded. "I'm telling the truth."

   "You are a half-blood," Zoë Nightshade said. Her accent was hard to place. It sounded old- fashioned, like she was reading from a really old book. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."

    "An Olympian...athlete?"

    "No," Zoë said. "One of the gods."

    "Cool!" said Nico.