𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕: (𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐀) 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 & 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍

"I'm not loyal to a war, I'm not loyal to Luke nor am I loyal to camp half-blood

"I'm not loyal to a war, I'm not loyal to Luke nor am I loyal to camp half-blood. The only thing I'm loyal to is my family."

TO SAY IT SHORTLY...ERIS'S BACK WAS FUCKED.

When the group finally stopped in a room full of waterfalls.  The floor was one big pit, ringed by a slippery stone walkway. Around them, on all four walls, water tumbled from huge pipes. The water spilled down into the pit, and even when Percy shined a light, no one could see the bottom.

When Annabeth pulled a wincing Eris's jacket off to see the wound caused by her being smashed into a wall it was easy to see the sight wasn't pretty.

The skin on her back was blue and bruise with multiple cuts along her spine that weeped with blood. Eris held back a small scream as Annabeth apologized profusely as she had to pour alcohol on her wounds and wrap a bandage around her waist and chest. She shoved a large piece of ambrosia into Eris's mouth and told her it was the best she could do until they got to a actual hospital.

Eris waved off Annabeth's concern, "It's fine. I'm fine," she muttered. "I can deal with a little pain. Don't worry about me, worry about how we're gonna find Nico."

Percy looked at her worriedly as she forced herself to sit against the wall, sweat pouring down her head from the pain.

Briares slumped against the wall. He scooped up water in a dozen hands and washed his face. "This pit goes straight to Tartarus," he murmured. "I should jump in and save you trouble."

"Don't talk that way," Annabeth told him. "You can come back to camp with us. You can help us prepare. You know more about fighting Titans than anybody."

"I have nothing to offer," Briares said. "I have lost everything."

"What about your brothers?" Tyson asked. "The other two must stand tall as mountains! We can take you to them."

Briares's expression morphed to something even sadder: his grieving face. "They are no more. They faded."

The waterfalls thundered. Tyson stared into the pit and blinked tears out of his eye.

"What exactly do you mean, they faded?" Percy asked. "I thought monsters were immortal, like the gods."

"Percy," Grover said weakly, "even immortality has limits. Sometimes...sometimes monsters get forgotten and they lose their will to stay immortal."

    "I must go," Briares said.

    "Kronos's army will invade camp," Tyson said. "We need help."

    Briares hung his head. "I cannot, Cyclops."