𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒: 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄

"It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it matters that you try again."

PRESENT

IF THERE WAS ONE THING TO KNOW ABOUT ERIS LEWIS IT WAS THIS:

She was a harder worker if she wanted to be one.

She knew this because it was 4 a.m. in the morning and she found herself on the training grounds barely dodging an attack from Hippolyta.

It was like this most days. Wake up at 4 a.m. train with Hippolyta for as long as she could hold her form, work out then get ready for the day.

"You seem to be getting faster," Hippolyta commented nonchalantly as she readied her Axe in her hands.

Eris panted and twirled the spear in her hands, "Thanks," she muttered.

Hippolyta lunged at Eris again, making a swipe her for her feet only to be slightly caught off guard when Eris quickly flipped a couple feet away from her with a well done back handspring.

Seeing her confusion Eris quickly said, "I'm in dance, remember," she told her, panting slightly.

Eris was on her school's majorette dance team and she loved it. She wasn't the best on her team, she was still only a freshman while a majority of the team were seniors but she thought of herself as being good. Her coach always praised her for best on her having the best flips on the team, Eris thought it was because Hades made her do yoga during her time in the Underworld.

A flash of pride splashed over Hippolyta's face before it quickly disappeared, "Impressive," she told Eris.

Something filled Eris's chest with warmth because Hippolyta was rarely ever impressed. The last time Hippolyta was impressed it was because Eris told her she had gone a whole week without crying.

Eris narrowed her eyes and tried to focus. She had one main goal today and that was to finally land one single hit on Hippolyta. They had been training for months but never once has Eris actually been able to land a strike on the Amazon Queen. She tried not to be disappointed in herself when she never landed a strike on Hippolyta because Hippolyta was a literal warrior queen, it made sense that she was able to block every single one of Eris's attacks but today was different. Never in her life had she been so determined to land a hit on Hippolyta before, so confident in herself that she could do this.

Sucking in a deep breath Eris lunged forward, her spear clashed against the handle of Hippolyta's axe. Hippolyta blinked, slightly surprised because Eris never attacked first, usually it was her who had to make the first move. Quickly regaining her posture, Hippolyta rammed her shoulder into Eris's side knocking Eris back, before she easily shoved her elbow into Eris's stomach with a bit too much strength making Eris fly a few feet in the air before crashing into the ground on her back.