"Some People Just Want to Watch the World Burn"

Ever since I woke up this morning, I have been feeling darkness come off of Hope. I didn't think too much of it because of her anger with the Landon situation. Then I overheard Lizzie in the hallway telling Josie about the black goo she threw up. Rushing through the front door, I spotted Hope going towards the car.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the barn, so we could have our conversation in private. She faced me and sighed seeing the angry expression on my face.

"Black magic. Black magic. What the hell is wrong with you, Andrea?" I asked in a hushed voice.

"Did Josie tell you?" she deflected, crossing her arms.

I rolled my eyes. "You're worried that Josie snitched instead of you doing black magic. Of course you are."

"I'm fine, Alexius. Nothing happened," she tried to assure me.

"That doesn't matter. Every time you use it, it builds up inside you until it eventually takes over your body," I explained.

"It was a one time thing. I just wanted to find him."

I then thought of something. "Where is it?"

"Where's what?" She looked at me confused.

"The spell," I murmured. "You're in revenge mode right now, meaning you took a spell from either your Aunt Freya's or your grandmother's grimoire." I began to search her body. "So where is it?"

"I didn't take anything," she defended herself then grabbed my hands.

I looked into her eyes seeing if she was telling the truth. "Please don't be lying to me, Andrea."

"I'm not." She wrapped her arms around my neck. "I wouldn't lie to you, Alexius," she whispered and brought me down for a kiss. I kissed her back softly, hoping she was telling the truth. "Dr. Saltzman and I are going to find him, come with."

I nodded my head not being able to say no to the tribrid. We exited the barn, walked over to the car and saw somebody under the car doing something to it.

"Hello?" Hope said in a questioning voice.

Rafael rolled out from under the car. "Hey," he greeted and rolled back under it.

"What are you doing?" I asked the werewolf.

"Adjusting the sway bar."

Hope looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders not knowing what that was. Hephaestus would probably know what a sway bar is.

She looked back at the werewolf and asked, "Was it broken?"

A sound was made and Rafael rolled out from the car with a bar in his hands. "It is now." He stood up and faced us, I almost laughed at the height difference between him and Hope.

"You two are going after Landon. If you want this car to work, I'm going with y'all."

"You should stay out of it. He's a liar and a thief," Hope told him.

"He took a stupid knife."

"Nothing in this school is a stupid anything," I sighed.

He turned to me. "Look. He's my best friend. And your girlfriend? She seems vengeful."

"She is," I smiled. "But she isn't going to kill him." Hope smacked the back of my head. "You always forget your tribrid strength."

She rolled her eyes, looked at Rafael and stepped in front of him. "Let me show you something." She brought her hand up to touch her face but Rafael grabbed her wrist. "Close your eyes."