"Let's Just Finish the Dance"

"Aphro, I need a favor," I told the goddess which earned me an eye roll. Ignoring her, I took a seat in one of the chairs that were placed in front of her desk.

It seems I interrupted her doing some work in her office. Would you believe me if I said the gods and goddesses of Olympus had offices? Aphrodite especially took this very serious as she was the goddess of love and gave all of us unwanted relationship advice.

"Did you and Andrea have another spat?" she asked.

"The last time I saw her she was crying over her dead boyfriend's body. Unfortunately for me he didn't stay dead."

The goddess gasped, putting her light colored eyes on me. "When did you two break up?"

"Some weeks ago," I answered nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders. "Caught her kissing him because of the prophecy."

"Oh, the she's going to kill you prophecy."

"Yes, that stupid prophecy," I sighed, getting agitated with the goddess of love. "Can we talk on what I came here for?"

"Please do, I was waiting on you," she smirked.

"You are such a pain in my ass, Aphrodite."

"The feeling is mutual, dear Alexius."

We had a staring contest which she won causing her smirk to widen.

"What can I do for you?" she wondered, cackling like the evil witch she is.

"Can you come down to Earth and surprise a friend for me?" I asked her.

"Can we talk about your relationship?" she countered making me roll my eyes.

"Why are you like this, Aphro?" I groaned. "I just need this one favor."

"And I need something in return so spill."

I sighed, giving into her demands. "There's nothing to spill. We broke up. Since we are speaking on relationships how are you and Ares?"

She waved her hand in a non caring manner. "Being his usual violent self which is why I love him. Don't distract me, Alexius, or I won't help. Do you still love her?"

"There's a possibility I'll never stop," I mumbled. "But kissing him is unforgivable and now they're together."

Aphrodite sighed as if she felt sorry for me. "There is no precedent for this."

"If there was, they would've already been spoken to," I dryly chuckled and the goddess gave me a small smile.

"So what's next?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I said, "Accepting my fate. Even the next ruler of Mount Olympus has an expiration date."

"You're finally accepting it, Alexius?" she asked, raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow in shock.

"I mean there's a chance I die before I sit on the throne so why not accept my fate."

"Your life has been filled with horrible heartache."