"Malivore"

I was greeted with an angry Hope when I arrived from Mount Olympus.

"What's wrong?" I asked but she didn't answer.

I trailed behind her going towards Dr. Saltzman's SUV and she used her magic to close door he began to open.

"Are you kidding me?" Hope asked him.

"Am I under assault today?" he questioned with a laugh, dropping his duffel bag to the ground.

"You get to interrogate a tree nymph, and I have to run Landon's 23andMe," the tribrid complained. I smirked knowing why she was infused with anger.

"First of all, it's a dryad, not a nymph. Second of all, I need a witch to run the testing spells."

"Get Emma to do it," Hope countered the headmaster's answer.

"She can supervise, but she's busy managing the school in my, I'm sure, unbearable absence. Plus, if Landon can convince you two that he belongs," Dr. Saltzman chuckled. "He can convince anybody." He picked up his duffel bag.

"You're enjoying this," Hope stated.

"I am," Dr. Saltzman admitted. The tribrid hummed while I smirked. "I left you instructions in my office. Try not to kill him. That goes for you too, Alexius," he said making my smirk drop and got into his car.

Hope sighed, rolling her eyes and I laughed but stopped when she dragged me into Dr. Saltzman's office.

"I wanted to spend the day with you," I murmured, laying my head on her chest as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"I did too. Did you find anything?" I shook my head, opening my mouth but closed it when Landon walked in the office.

"What are you two doing here?" he asked.

"Dr. Saltzman wanted me to administer your tests, starting with some weird mystical blood analysis," Hope answered him.

"I was bored," I said, standing behind the tribrid.

"No," Landon said without hesitation.

"Excuse me?" Hope and I asked in unison.

"No," he repeated. "These tests determine whether or not I get to stay at the school, right?" We nodded our heads. "There is no way I'm putting my future in your hands; you're biased."

"We are not biased," I stated. "Besides, neither of us has a choice. Believe me, this is not how I would choose to spend my day, either."

"See? Biased," Landon sighed then turned around but Hope stopped him.

"Landon." He faced the tribrid. "Last thing that you told me was that you wanted to find answers about who or what you are. I want those answers, too. So let's just get through this."

He sighed once more and sat down in the chair in front of the desk. "What happens if this blood thing doesn't work?" he asked as Hope handed me a needle so I could draw blood.

"We'll go outside to perform physical tests," I responded, trying to find a vein.

"If I fail those?"

Hope and I looked at each other knowing the answer.

"I'll gift you a going away basket."

࿊࿊࿊

I jumped straight up and stood in the branch quickly sitting down to tie the blue ribbon.

"Is that high enough?" I asked the tribrid and she nodded her head in response. Gaining momentum I jumped and did a backflip, landing besides her.