"Hope is Not the Goal"

I rolled over and felt a smack on my arm.

"Must you hit me this early in the morning, Andrea?" I asked, placing my head on her chest.

"Yes I must," she answered in the accent she thinks I have but I don't hear it.

"You're not funny," I stated and squeezed her boob.

"You're such a liar." She slapped my butt and I grabbed her hand before she could do it again.

"Andrea, you are a freak."

The tribrid laughed and it made me smile, I haven't heard her laugh in a few days. It was the most magical sound I've ever heard.

"I can't stop slapping your fat ass."

I gasped and brought my head up from her chest, putting all my weight on my arms that were on either side of her head.

"Those gym workouts are really paying off."

She nodded her head. "They are. I'm gonna keep you hostage so nobody sees it but me."

I laughed and leaned down to kiss her. "Everyone knows this ass is yours."

"Sometimes they forget. I love you, Alexius."

"I love you too, Andrea."

࿊࿊࿊

"We need to talk," Hope declared as we walked out of the bathroom.

I quickly shook my head not wanting to ruin the pleasing moment we just shared.

"Andrea --" I started to object but she cut me off while walking into the closet.

"Alexius, we have to and I know you have something to tell me."

"No, I don't." I followed her into the closet, she turned around giving me a look and I sighed, "It's not important."

"Yes, it is." She handed me a shirt and I put it on. "Tell me."

Putting on my pants, I shook my head. "No, Andrea."

"It's something bad, isn't it?"

"It's nothing." I kissed her forehead and tried to walk out of the closet but was stopped when I hit a barrier.

I turned to face the tribrid and saw anger in her eyes and heard the anger in her voice when she spoke, "I won't ask again, Alexius. Tell me." Sighing, I walked towards her, wrapping my arms around her waist and resting my forehead against her chest. "Whatever it is, we will handle it," she whispered softly in my ear.

"Not about this." I shook my head. "This will be the end of us."

She put her hands on my face and brought it up looking into my eyes. "Alexius. What is it?"

Taking a deep breath, I started to explain, "When I was born there was a prophecy. The first part of it was that I would rule Mount Olympus one day and the second part." I stopped and shook my head. "Don't make me do this, Andrea."

Hope wiped the tears that rolled down my cheeks. "What was the second part of the prophecy?"

"Andrea, please," I begged the tribrid.

"What was the second part of the prophecy?" she repeated her question.

"You would be the one to kill me."

We stared at each other in silence for a few minutes until the speaker turned on snapping us out of the staring contest we were having.

"MEETING IN THE GRAND HALL IN FIVE MINUTES!"