Prologue

(No-one's POV)

It was a shadowy evening in Nohr, as usual a veil of darkness covered this once beautiful country. On the rooftop of Castle Krakenburg Menka trained her son Y/N, she was one of the many concubines of King Garon. Unlike the other concubines however, she truly did love her child and cared about those around her, including the children of the other concubines alongside Xander and Azura. Despite her kindness, she was once a truly formidable warrior which allowed her to keep both herself and her son safe from any danger that may face her. Despite her being past her prime as a warrior and the blood that may be on her hands, she remained a kind and caring woman, caring for her son and those around her. Y/N shared many of her traits, such as her kindness and her warrior spirit, he had trained many times with her over the years so that he could grow stronger and protect those he loves.

Y/N charged at his mother and unleashed a flurry of punches, all of which she subsequently dodged, she then retaliated with a punch which her son quickly blocked, he attempted to counterattack by sweep kicking his mother's legs but she quickly jumps over his leg before kicking him in the chest. He reacts to her attack by backflipping to gain some ground from her. He took a few moments to catch his breath as his mother patiently waited before he charged at her, unleashing yet another barrage of attacks. As the training session raged on Azura watched them both, after her mother died Menka became a surrogate mother to her and Y/N became very close with her unlike his siblings who tended to ignore and avoid her. She continued to watch Menka and Y/N spar, eventually Y/N let up on his physical attacks and proceeded to clasp his hands together causing him to start charging up a purple ki blast. Menka responded to this by charging up some ki of her own causing her bright yellow ki to pierce the dark veil of the sky. Once Y/N finished charging his attack he fired it at his mother.

Y/N: "Grindle Bow!"

Menka simply smiled before nullifying her son's ki blast with one of her own.

Menka: "Flash Arrow!"

Her yellow ki blast connected with her son's, stopping it completely in it's tracks. Y/N then sat down in exhaustion, his mother came over to him and patted his head.

Menka: "My my! You've grown so much stronger my little dragon."

Y/N: "Mother! You don't have to keep calling me that."

Menka laughed at her son's response and Azura giggled.

Menka: "You're much stronger than I was at your age. Ever since you were born I always sensed a great strength within you. You'll grow up to become a fine warrior."

Azura: "That was amazing. I wish I was able to fight like you."

Y/N: "Maybe one day I can train you and you could teach me how to sing and dance."

Azura: "That sounds nice."

Menka: "It's been fun but I think you two should go inside, I'm going to go and help some of the villages out. I'll see the both of you when I get back."

Y/N: "Please let me come with you. I want to help!"

Menka thought for a few moments, she knew that there were many perils that she may have to face in Nohr and she wasn't ready to put her son in harms way. But then she thought about how strong her son was becoming, she may be losing her skills as a warrior with time but with the added knowledge of Y/N growing stronger as a warrior, they would both be fairly protected.

Menka: "Since you're getting so much stronger, I will allow you to join me."

Y/N's eyes lit up, he had previously gone on trips with his mother before but never to one of the villages as she always told him that it was far too dangerous for him.