Chapter 5: Destructive Dragon Awakening

(Y/N's POV)

???: "Y/N"

I woke to find myself in a dark room with nothing inside of it apart from myself inside of it, stretching out for what seems to be infinitely. 

???: "Y/N"

I turn towards where the voice was coming from to see a figure, dressed in clothes that seemed all to familiar to me.

???: "Y/N"

I started to approach the figure and as I got closer I began to realise who the figure was.

"M-Mother?"

As she turned around I managed to see her in all her beauty, the person that raised me, trained me when I was younger had finally returned to me but, before I could get too close to her to embrace her I woke up for real.

"D-Dammit..."

It had been a recurring dream I've had ever since I returned to Hoshido, more or less following the same structure, at least my worries about an attack on Hoshido had subsided over the past few days although I still hold a little bit of worry.

Azura: "Y/N? Are you okay?"

I sat up from the tree I was resting under.

"Yeah, I'm fine Azura. Thanks for asking."

I had gone down to where Azura normally sings and must've ended up dozing off to her voice.

"I like coming down here and listening to your voice Azura, this lake has a very calm and serene atmosphere, it reminds me of the beauty of Hoshido. I can see why you like it."

Azura: "Indeed, I enjoy your company Y/N, whether it's you talking to me or just listening to me sing, you've been a very good friend to me ever since we both lived in Nohr."

"You didn't deserve to be treated the way you were in Nohr, as if you were an outcast and not one of the many children of Garon. My mother and I didn't think it was right."

Azura: "And how very lucky I was to have the both of you, your mother treated me as if I were her own child and you never failed to make sure I never felt alone, whether it be by asking me to help you get better at singing or by getting me to play with you, Flora and Felicia."

"Don't worry about it, it was fun hanging out with you, it still is even if I hang out with you a lot less now."

Azura: "It's fine, I'm not as extroverted as you anyway."

She may not be that bothered but I am, I haven't been that good of a friend to her as I've been preoccupied with other things but nonetheless I still care a great deal about her and my other siblings.

"Hey Azura, do you mind if I tell you about a dream I keep having."

Azura: "Not at all, go ahead."

"It's been the same thing ever since I got back from Nohr, I see my mother in an empty room calling out for me but before I can reach her I always wake up."

Azura: "That seems strange, what do you think could be the cause of this?"

"I don't know, maybe it was the fact that I got her earrings from my Nohrian siblings. My mother always said it had a hidden power within them. It's probably just the fact they remind me so much of her. I still miss her"

Azura: "Likewise, I still miss my own mother too."

"At least we have both had people kind enough to take us in as their own, I'll never stop being grateful that Mikoto took us both in as her own children. I would do anything for her and anything to protect her."