Paralogue 1: An Incredible Bout

(Y/N's POV)

I looked around at all my siblings before Corrin and I made our decision.

"We're sorry everyone but we have no choice but to... Join Smash!"

I abruptly woke up from my nap in a panic.

Felicia: "Y/N! Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Any news from the soldiers I sent to scout the border yet?"

Felicia: "Not yet Y/N."

Felicia and I were currently situated at a Hoshidan village located close to the Hoshido border. After Queen Mikoto's death, the barrier that protected Hoshido disappeared leaving Hoshido susceptible to attacks from Nohrian forces. So far no attacks have happened apart from the occasional Faceless or two.

"Hmm. Do you ever feel like there are alternate versions of yourself that live a completely different life?"

Felicia: "No, why do you ask?"

"It was the dream I had. Corrin and I abandoned the war to join something called 'Super Smash Brothers'. So I was just wondering if there could be another version of me living a different life. My mother did always tell me that dreams were a gateway into viewing another world."

Felicia: "You could be right Y/N, I've never really given it any thought."

"Have I ever told you about the branches of fate?"

Felicia: "I don't recall."

"You see, time isn't a linear path, each decision you make causes a different branch to stem from this current timeline. These are the branches of fate, at least that's what my mother told me. I wonder if there is any way to access these alternate timelines."

Just as I finished talking to Felicia a girl from the village came to us with food.

Village Girl: "I thought both of you might be hungry so I brought you this."

She hands us both some stew.

Felicia: "How thoughtful! Thank you."

"It smells delicious, thank you... What's your name?"

Mozu: "My name is Mozu. And you don't have to thank me, it's to show my gratitude for protecting our village."

"It's no problem really. Did you make this yourself?"

Mozu: "Yep! Bear stew. My mama taught me the recipe for it."

Felicia: "It's really good! I just wish I could cook as well as this. Some people have told me my cooking is to die for... and then they laugh."

"I don't see a problem with your cooking Felicia, you always made me nice sandwiches when we were younger."

She smiled and I smiled back

Felicia: "Thank you Y/N."

"So Mozu, who got the bear meat?"

Mozu: "I did."

I looked at her with a surprised expression on my face.

"You did?"

Mozu: "Sure did!"

She had a proud expression on her face.

"Well colour me impressed, that's no easy task that's for sure. You and my brother Takumi would probably get along great."

I then thought back to the argument we had a few days ago and started to feel bad, ever since then we avoided each other for a bit until he and his retainers went off on a mission, I haven't seen him since... I just hope he's okay.