Chapter 1: Return to Nohr

A few years had passed since y/n came to Hoshido, in that time he trained rigorously to grow stronger in able to protect those he cared about and avenge his mother's death, not only did he grow but his skillset and fighting ability grew with him. He was nowhere as skilled with a bow as Takumi was and his sword skills were still lacking despite his training with Ryoma but he managed to make up for these by continuing to improve the abilities he had due to his draconian blood and was extremely skilled in direct hand to hand combat. Whilst improving his dragon abilities he managed to unlock the ability to use something he dubbed 'Ki', he was able to draw Ki from his own energy or siphon it from life around him if his own Ki levels dropped too low. He was also able to restore it from the energy that the sun provided and the amount of time he spent in Hoshido was one of the many reasons he was able to unlock his Ki abilities as the amount of sunlight in Hoshido gave him constant Ki compared to the constant darkness that surrounded him when he lived in Nohr. With this new ability of Ki control he was able to do many things ranging from being able to sense other people's unique energy signatures and being able to fire beams of Ki at enemies, he could also form Ki blades around his hand in the event he has no weapons on him, speaking of which his sword had also changed alongside him going from a black broadsword and changing into a golden katana, y/n decided to then change it's name from The Demonsbane to The Sunlight Blade. It took y/n years to be able to learn how to utilise his Ki and be able to fight formidably but despite his shortcomings in terms of sword skill he was still quite the tough opponent when it came to fighting. Despite his current strength he still has a lot more room to grow.

Whenever y/n wasn't training he was spending his time taking in the beauty of Hoshido or going into some of the villages and towns and talking to inhabitants. y/n loved the beauty of Hoshido as it reminded him of his mother and how she would bring back flowers for him after she went out. The lively green fields reminded him of his mother's own lively personality and how she was never too tired to spend time with him. Because of this connection that he drew between Hoshido and his Birth Mother he vowed to protect Hoshido and give his life in order to protect it. Due to his Nohrian heritage some of the inhabitants of the villages and towns he visited where naturally intrigued by him, some hated him which was understandable but after he helped them with whatever they needed help with most of them started to warm up to him. Some would still dislike him but he was relatively fine with it, when he was younger he would be upset whenever someone disliked him but as he grew older he came to terms with the fact that people wouldn't always like him. As time passed and as he helped to people the inhabitants of Hoshido grew to respect him because of his kind nature and started referring to him as Lord y/n as they would refer to the other male Hoshidan Royals as y/n didn't like this that much and told them they could just refer to him as y/n which in turn they did although some of them occasionally forgot. As y/n grew older Sakura started to ask him if she could come along with him to help out the villages he visited and of course y/n was happy to let Sakura come along with him to help him out. y/n also got a lot of attention from the kids of Hoshido, they would always run up to him whenever they say him and ask for him to play with them which he was always be happy to do, they found him interesting and asked him about his childhood but he would intentionally leave out details to avoid thinking about Nohrian siblings too much. Despite the fact that he has rejected his Nohrian heritage he still thought about and missed his siblings a lot, he would remember all the times he had trained with Xander or read books with Leo or just spent time with Camilla and Elise and grow sad, they were another reason he was fighting in this war as he hoped he could stop it for their sake as well. His Nohrian heritage also caused him to get attention from the women of Hoshido whether it be because they simply wanted to marry someone of high status for their own sake or because they found him genuinely interesting, y/n tended to shake it off as he had the ongoing war to focus on, speaking of which, he joined the Hoshidan Army alongside his siblings so that they could eventually stop Nohr's Conquest and finally have peace across the nations, he also managed to form bonds with those who were in the army whether they be a common soldier or one of his Siblings' retainers, he grew pretty close to Sakura's retainers and often times trained alongside them. Due to the multitude of experiences y/n has had with people he became well aware of the effect he had on them just as his mother also had an effect on people.