Chapter 6: Splitting Pains

(No-one's POV)

Everyone quickly arrived on the battlefield as did Y/N, Corrin and Azura as they spotted Xander and Ryoma fighting. Xander quickly took notice of both his siblings and called out to them.

Xander: "Corrin! Y/N! You're both alive! They haven't harmed you, have they?"

Corrin: "Xander! We're fine."

Y/N: "Why the hell are you attacking Hoshido?"

Xander: "Father says it's time to show our true strength. Join us, and we'll end this quickly. If we conquer Hoshido here and now, we can avoid unnecessary bloodshed."

Y/N: "W-What?"

Corrin: "Xander... I-I need a minute."

Ryoma: "Be careful, both of you. That man is a Nohrian commander!"

Y/N: "Ryoma..."

The rest of the Nohrian royals quickly rushed onto the battlefield.

Camilla: "Corrin! Y/N! I was so worried about you two. Don't ever wander away from me again!"

Leo: "I'm glad that you're both okay. You both must have the devil's own luck."

Elise: "Yaaay! We got our siblings back!"

Hinoka: "Nohrian scum! First you kidnap her, now you lie to her?! Corrin is MY sister, not yours!"

Camilla:  "Hypocrite that you are, for you call us scum for apparently kidnapping your sister whilst you stole my dear brother from me. Family is ultimately decided by who you care for and love, not by who's blood you share. Will you fight? Or will you perish like the Hoshidan dog you are?"

Ryoma: "Don't be fooled by their words. You both belong here! With your true family in Hoshido!"

Xander: "We have loved you and raised you since you were a child Corrin, we all trained and got stronger in hopes of avenging you one day Y/N. Come home, the both of you. We can live as a family once again!"

Ryoma: "Stay with us in Hoshido!"

Corrin and Y/N quickly look around, facing both of their families. Both confused about how they could get out of this situation and desperately looking for a way out lest everything devolves into more meaningless violence.

Ryoma: "This way!"

He held his hand out towards his siblings, Takumi, Sakura and Hinoka quickly rushed next to him.

Sakura: "Big brother! Big sister!"

Leo, Elise and Camilla quickly rushed to Xander's side.

Elise: "They're my big siblings!"

Xander: "We're your family."

Xander then held out his hand towards his siblings. Both Corrin and Y/N we faced with a difficult decision, one that Y/N feared he would have to make.

(Y/N's POV)

Time grinded to what felt like a halt, I desperately looked around for anything but all I saw were the distraught faces of my siblings, tears filled the eyes of my sisters, even Takumi looked slightly worried. I looked at both Ryoma and Xander who were both waiting for me and Corrin to give our answers to this impossible decision. I look over to Corrin who seems to be just as stressed out about everything. Time continues to tick slowly until Corrin gave her answer.

Corrin: "Xander. Withdraw your troops."

Xander: "Corrin... Don't tell me you're siding with Hoshido."