Chapter 17

Maya P.O.V
Simmy opened the door before he could knock.

"What Eric?" I said walking towards the door.

"I came here to talk to you Maya." he said. Simmy still had his gun pointed at him so I lowered it.

"Talk to me about what?" I asked.

"Can I come in?" He asked trying to take a step.

"Hell no. Say what you gotta say out there." I said pushing him back.

"Maya your still mad about me kicking you out. You're doing just fine." he said.

"Yes. Can you tell me what you need to tell me so you can be out of my life forever." I said with my arms crossed.

"Your mom is dying." He said

"What?" I asked confused. She was healthy before I left.

"She is in the hospital. I only came here to tell you. They won't let me in she's only asking for you." He said before walking away.

Simmy P.O.V
As Eric walked away I shut the door. Looking at Maya she had tears falling down her face and she was clutching her chest.

"Baby?" I said grabbing her hand. She didn't answer, instead she fell to the floor. "Come on baby." I said picking her up walking out to the garage.

"Where are we going?" She asked as I put her in the passenger seat.

"You need to see your mom." I said walking to the drivers side.

"I can't see my mom like that." she said shaking her head.

"Baby you're going to see your mom. You'll regret not saying goodbye." I said starting the car. We sat in silence on the way to the hospital and once we got there she hopped out and ran inside. Catching up to her we walked through the halls together.

"Hello how may I help you?" A nurse asked.

"Yes I'm looking for Chanel White." Maya said.

"She is in room 203." She said.

"Thank you." And with that Maya and I ran in that direction. Walking up to the door Maya paused and looked at me.

"I want you to come in with me." She said holding my hand. Before I could answer she pushed the door open. Her mother was awake but she looked very sick.

"Hi mommy. What's going on?" Maya said sitting next to her bed.

"I've got stage 4 lung cancer baby. I've had it for a little while now. My doctor says there is nothing they can do." She said.

"Mommy what am I supposed to do without you." Maya said crying.

"You look at me. Honey I'm dying, but I need you to be strong. I want you to live life for me baby. By that I mean be happy, don't waste your time crying over me when I'm gone. It's not gonna be anything you can do to bring me back. Take this, this piece of paper has everything I want for my funeral, the music the pastor the place everything. It even has an account number that will pay for everything. I'm leaving everything to you. They are still gonna read my will you're getting everything I'm leaving behind. My house in Barbados, the life insurance, everything goes to you. I want you to know before Eric. He gets nothing. I know he is my husband but he could never replace your father. I've never loved him as much as I loved your father he was dark chocolate like I like them. Eric was too pale for my liking." She said.

"I know mommy." Maya said squeezing her mom's hand.

"Young man may I ask your name?" Her mom asked me.

"Simmuel James ma'am. But you can call me Simmy." I told her.

"Simmy, I need you to take care of my babygirl. I wish I had met you sooner before now, but I'm trusting you with taking care of my child. Please don't let me down son." She asked with a weak smile.

"You have my word." I said returning the smile.

"Babygirl I need you to forgive me for replacing your father so soon and putting you through all that pain with Eric." She said kissing Maya's hand.

"I forgive you momma. I love you." Maya said crying.

"I love you too. Never forget I love you and you mean the world to me." She said before she closed her eyes. After her eyes being closed for a minute she took her last breath and the heart monitor flatlined. Maya stood up and kissed her forehead.

"Goodbye momma." she said

Vote/Comment