S.i.x

Nikhil and avantika reached home at the dinner time but they didn't eat food because they had eaten too much at Avantika's home. Monisha first insisted them but then finally agreed.

They both came back to their room, all tired.

"I want to take a bath", avantika said as she took out her nigh clothes.

"The shower isn't working", nikhil said.

"But when I took bath in the morning, that time it was working"

"Ya but at my time, it suddenly stopped and I took bath in samar's washroom"

"Nikhil please...check it once...I really want to take a shower before sleep", she said holding the end of Nikhil's sleeve.

"Okay fine".

They both went inside washroom and nikhil started checking it.

"There might be a choke...I guess", nikhil said looking towards the shower.

"Avantika, just open it", he said.

Avantika did as she was asked for. As soon as she opened it, water showered upon them.

They both moved back. The floor was wet and slippery. Avantika trembled but before falling, nikhil held her in his arms. They slowly stood straight and nikhil closed the shower.

Avantika's saree was sticking to her body. Nikhil could see her skin through it. She was looking sexy and it was difficult for nikhil to keep a hold on himself.

He turned his face away and took a towel. He started wiping himself and went out.

____________________

Next day

It was a special day for everyone because today, the meeting of the merge of Sharma's company and Malik's company was going to be held.

Nikhil was called by Sahil and Sudhanshu to discuss few points.

When he came back to his room, he saw avantika all dressed up.

She was wearing a black pencil skirt and a grey top with it. She also wore a black blazer, black heels and black hoops. But the most beautiful thing about her look was her mangalsutra and vermilion. She had tied her hairs in a bun.

"You are looking damn hot!!", nikhil thought to himself after seeing hher.He had never seen her dressed like this and this was one reason why he didn't like her. He always wanted a sassy girl who would be sexy but avantika was never like this before..

"What happened nikhil??", avantika asked snapping her fingers before him.

"Ohh nothing....I am just seeing you like this for the first time....when we met for your and abir bhai's engagement, you were wearing an ethnic kurti....then I straight away met you on the wedding day.....I thought you always wear kurtis and sarees".

"You don't know anything about me that's why!!".

"Yeah....but I must say you are looking really aesthetic", he didn't want to compliment her but he couldn't stop himself from doing so.

"Thank you so much....I never expected this....you are also looking handsome... we both are matching today....all black"

"Yeah we are....let's go"

"I am a little nervous"

"Why??"

"Just I don't want to face papa"

"Forgive him na"

"No...I can't....because what he said that day.....", she stopped before telling the words that her father said.

"What did he say??"

"Forget it....we are getting late", without telling him, she stormed out of the room and nikhil followed her.

_________

"And that's how we will carry it out", spoke Madhav as he discussed the projects of the merged company with everyone.

"That's great and we will start all work after this month", sahil appreciated.

"Abir will be the CEO of this company", Sudhanshu added.

"No....Mr. Sudhanshu Malik", madhav interrupted.

"It was pre decided that abir will be the CEO", sudhanshu snapped in anger.

Everyone thought that he would ask to give the post to manik or to himself but something unexpected happened.....

"Yeah it was....but I had clearly said that this post will be given to my son-in-law and he is nikhil not abir", madhav continued.

Everyone was shocked. Avantika's eyebrows met, looking at her father in hurt and anger.

Nikhil stood up from his place, "Dad what are you saying??".

"I am doing this for you... according to the contract which was signed, the CEO post was meant for Avantika's husband and it's you nikhil".

"Bhaisaab (referring to madhav)... this is not fair...nikhil is not that mature right now.....he can't take big decisions and if he takes any such decision which brings us to loss....then what would we do", sahil yelled.

"That you don't worry...I am there...you are there....Sudhanshu bhaisaab is there....abir is there and now avantika is also there", madhav tried to cool down the environment.

Abir just kept quiet on this. He knew he had hurt Madhav by running away from his wedding so he thought it was better to keep silent.

"Papa please understand!! I can't do this.... abir bhaiya is the one who can handle this", nikhil said.

"No nikhil.....I want you to be at this post...and if you do any mistake...you will learn lesson from it....be confident and go ahead".

"Papa...please stop!!", avantika shouted at the top of her voice.

The whole room grew silent. Everyone looked at avantika.

"You can't force your decisions on everyone like you do always....you force your decisions on maa, bhaiya bhabhi, me.....on everyone but you can't force it here because it's a merger....it's not only yours but also of the Maliks", she said.

"Avi...sit down....please", manik said holding her shoulders. She jerked his hands away.

"No bhaiya.... he can't snatch the rights of abir", she said in a cracking voice.

"I will do it....sahil bhaisaab...if you don't give this post to nikhil...then I will break this contract", he declared.

"No no...please don't do this...I agree", sahil said.

Avantika felt like exhausted and she sat back.

"But abir will be the CFO of the company", Sudhanshu demanded.

"I don't have any problem with that", madhav told.

Nikhil was feeling burdened with this sudden responsibility.