Twenty t.h.r.e.e

Nikhil's POV

19th October

I and avantika have completed this journey of 6 months. I can't believe that the girl whom I hated before would become the most important part of my life.

Today I have to go for the inspection of site and it is the last day for that. Soon this project is going to be over.

I have to remain here for the whole night so I called avantika to tell that I will not return tonight.

I called her but her phone is switched off.

I am sure she might be busy with her work and she might have not noticed her phone's charge.

Then I called a peon to inform avantika.

"Hello sir", he said.

"Hello!! Please tell avantika mam that I will not return tonight", I told

"Sir, she has gone", he told

Gone?? I guess she took my warning of not working late nights seriously. This is really strange.

"Okay thank you", I said and cut the call.

I put the phone in my pocket and started working with shivam. My mind was fixed on avantika. I don't know why but today I was very much worried about her. My intuition was saying that she might not be well.

______________

Next day, I went to office straight away from the site. I didn't go back to hotel and I couldn't sleep for the whole night because of working all night long. Shivam was with me all the time and he was also woken up all night.

At office

First of all, I went to Avantika's cabin because I was too worried about her and what I found that she was not there.

I could not understand what happened . Where she was.

I hurriedly came out and told shivam about avantika. We both started searching for her everywhere.

I saw rohit coming with files in his hands.

"Rohit do you know where avantika is??", I asked stopping him.

"No...I didn't see her after the lunch since yesterday and today she didn't come to office", he said.

"If she does not come to office then she might be in the hotel only", shivam suggested.

"I am going to meet her", I said and walked to my car.

I raced the car as fast as I could. I did not think of anything except avantika.

I reached the hotel and took the lift to our room.

I was panicked. I wanted to see avantika. I hoped that she was fine

I open the door and got inside.

"Avantika!!! Avi!!", I yelled out of frustration. "Where are you??"

I searched for her everywhere, every corner, every place. She wasn't anywhere.

I decided to go back to the office, thinking that we all would try to find her.

"Did you find avantika??", rohit asked as soon as I reached.

"No...she isn't anywhere", I replied with a long sigh.

"She is a cheater. A gold digger", shivam spat out.

"Shivam....mind your words. What the hell are you saying", I blurted out.

"Truth. Your wife has destroyed us. She is a gold digger", he repeated

"Shivam. I won't hear any other word against my wife", I said raising my hand to stop him.

His words were irritating and triggering me.

"You don't believe me, right?? Then see these money transfers", he handed over a paper to me.

My eyes widened when I saw them. My heart was aching.

"What??", this word left through my mouth when I saw that.

"Yes!! All the money which was supplied to us by the investors, it has all  transferred to an unknown account. Avantika has done this. She has ruined us", shivam yelled on the top of his voice.

"How are you so sure that avantika did this??", I asked in a low voice nearly inaudible.

"Come on nikhil...who was handling the finances?? Me and avantika. If I was with you all the time, inspecting the site then who is left?? Avantika!!", he justified himself.

"Still I don't believe. She is not like this", I said being confident on my wife.

"Okay let's unfold it from the starting then tell me what happened on 5th August, our first meeting", he asked, crossing his arms before his chest.

"Our presentations were missing", I replied.

"And then who saved us from that?? Avantika!! She did it intentionally to represent herself as a heroine. And do you remember nikhil, we found avantika in my room. She was looking for something, that was the time when she did it", shivam said.

My mind was all messed up. On one hand I was thinking that avantika can't do this and on the other hand, I was thinking shivam was right. My mind was stuck in between.

"It's all crystal clear nikhil. Avantika is the one who deleted the designs then transferred the money into an unknown account which I am sure that it is hers", he said confidently.

No!! No!! Avantika is not like this. She can't do this to us!!, my mind repeated.

"If you still don't believe me then see this letter", he showed a letter.

I read it and my hands started trembling.

Hii nikhil, this is avantika.

I am going out of india. I am sorry that I wasn't able to meet you before leaving. I am sorry. I don't know about when will I return and I can't promise my return. I know when you will get to know what I have done, you will never forgive me. Anyway, don't wait for me.

My eyes were moist. My face had turned red. I teared the letter and threw it.

"We don't have any fund now. We are in loss just because of your wife. Nikhil, we can't carry out this project now. We have to shut it but we will start it after a few years. I know it's disheartening nikhil, but you have to stay strong through this tough time. Take care bro and go back to hotel and take rest", shivam said putting a hand on my shoulder.

I wasn't in condition of speaking anything so I just blinked.

Everyone had returned except for me. I stayed back in office. I sat in Avantika's cabin, cursing myself. I was angry on myself. My mind had stopped working.

I was sobbing hard. I was sitting in the corner of the cabin, my face buried between my knees.

My heart was saying that avantika can't do this. I believed her and she did this to us. I was hoping it wasn't true.

Suddenly something struck my mind and I ran out to find the letter which avantika had written.

I had teared it but still the words were visible. I quickly grabbed it and read it again.