F.i.f.t.e.e.n

Next day

It was already past morning and the sun was shining brightly. Avantika started squirming in sleep, her eyes opened due to bright light.

She was dumbfounded when she opened her eyes. Nikhil was sleeping so close to her. She was lost for a moment but then realization hit her and she started blushing.

Nikhil's hairs were messy and he was looking adorable while sleeping. She was thinking about events of yesterday how nikhil shared his past with her and  was genuinely curious about her likes and dislikes. She really felt at ease and was enjoying herself.

This is what a girl needs, Right?? A friend in her husband.

"If you are done admiring me, then we should start the day!!", nikhil spoke suddenly surprising avantika.

"You-were- a-w-a-k-e", avantika mumbled shyly. She slowly got up, not having enough courage to look at nikhil.

"Yes wifey!! I know you can't take you eyes off me but today we have the meeting for the kolkata project. Remember??", he said getting up and sitting just next to avantika which increased her heart beat.

"Yeah", she said getting down of bed and moving towards the washroom.

"Hayee rabba (oh god!!). Why so cute!!", he said putting his hand on cheek as he stared avantika.

________________

At the meeting

"This project is really important for our company and we need to get this any how", sahil declared.

"We have never worked in kolkata so it would be quite difficult to establish ourselves there", madhav added.

"Yes!! And in 2011, when we tried for this project, there were many legal disputes due to which we were not able to do it", sahil said looking a little worried.

Avantika wanted to ask about this 2011 project but before she could speak, madhav interrupted.

"Don't worry sahil bhaisaab...this time we won't let it happen", madhav ensured him.

Sahil gave him a little nod.

"Avantika, are the financers ready for this project??", Sudhanshu asked.

"Yes chachaji", avantika got up handed her file to Sudhanshu.

"Great then!!", Sudhanshu said looking at the papers of file.

"Shivam, have you visited the seen the land in kolkata??", Sudhanshu asked.

Shivam (Nikhil's friend) is one of the members of the kolkata project. He is a financer too for this project as well as he is looking over the land the land in kolkata. Shivam's father too worked for Malik's company for more than 30 years.

"Yes Sudhanshu sir!! I have seen the land and I have taken advance from the land owner. I think we will be ready to go there by the next month", he said.

"Okay. So we should complete all the preparations this month. Shivam, nikhil and avantika, we all are relying upon you three. Abir will be there with you but he has other projects too so he will not be available to help you all the time", sahil said resting his elbows on the table. He looked very serious while talking.

Nikhil, avantika and shivam nodded in a yes.

"Dad, I promise I will give my best to it", nikhil said.

After the meeting

Nikhil and avantika together walked out of the room.

Avantika put her hand on Nikhil's shoulder as she sensed that he was tensed about it. "Are you Okay??", she asked.

"Yeah I am...I am just thinking about this project because it's the biggest project of my life", he sighed.

"You will do great", she said smiling at him.

"Thank you", he said giving a repressive smile.

"By the way, why was this project stopped in 2011", avantika asked.

"Legal disputes"

"What actually happened??"

"I don't know exactly who did it but someone messed up with our bank accounts. Who ever he or she was, did some financial juggling which affected us a lot. We were not able to carry out the work on the land".

"It's shocking. The financial statements of Malik company have always been so private and secured. If someone did this, it means he or she was the one from the project only"

"Yeah..papa and chachu tried their best to investigate the culprit but no clues were left and we were never able to know who he or she was".

Avantika was lost in her thoughts about what would have happened. Her chain of thoughts broke when shivam came to them.

"Hii bro", he said to nikhil.

They both hugged each other.

"Hii bhabhi", he said to avantika, offering his hand for handshake.

Avantika smiled and shook her hand with him.

She felt awkward when her hand touched his. His touch seemed to be creep and not a good one. She grew uncomfortable due to his touch and instantly brought her hand back.

"Bhabhi, it would be fun to work with you", shivam said winking at her.

Avantika smiled formally.

"Hey!! Are you trying to flirt with my wife?? Don't you dare huh", nikhil said jokingly.

"No bhai I am just kidding", shivam said . Nikhil and shivam laughed while avantika continued to smile formally.

_______________

Avantika returned back home as she was tired due to work. Nikhil had gone for an outing with shivam.

While avantika was still thinking about the awkward moment that happened when shivam shook hand with her.

It's nothing avantika. You are just overthinking, she tried to convince herself.

She was keeping her clothes back in the wardrobe and was disturbed by a knock on her door.

She opened the door and saw it was samar.

"Bhabhi", he said in a worried tone.

"Is everything okay?? You are looking worried", she asked.

"Bhabhi, I have got admission in the fashion institute", he told.

It brought a smile on her face.

"Congratulations", she said hugging him.

"Thank you bhabhi", he said still sounding worried.

"So when are you joining??", she asked holding his shoulders.

"I would be able to join only when bade papa will allow and I know that would never happen", he said turning around and walking a few steps away.

Avantika sighed. "I know. Let's go down and tell everyone about this".

He turned around and said, "They will never agree bhabhi"

"If you keep on being scared of the circumstances, you will never be able to do what you really want", she said.

She held his wrist tight and brought him downstairs, in the hall, where everyone was.