Twenty t.w.o

Nikhil's POV

These two months passed like a blink. It's now the month of October and we are planning to end our work. The project is almost over and we will get the final draft by the last week of October. Then the construction work will get started and I will become free from the responsibility of this project. Mr. Kulkarni will look over the construction work.

These two months changed many things between me and avantika. We have come so close to each other. We understand each other better. Though I had not confessed my feelings to her but I will do when we return. And how can I forget our kiss. But we never kissed each other after that. We maintained a cordial relationship after that.

"Dude it's already 7. Let's leave ", shivam said.

I came out of my thoughts and sighed. Me and shivam were working together today.

"Yeah you go. I will come with avantika", I said.

A smirk covered shivam's face. "Bro you can't live without bhabhi even for a moment ", he smirked.

"There's nothing like that ", I lied but the truth was whenever she isn't around me, my mind is filled up with her thoughts. What magic has she done on me!!!

"Don't lie to me. You always think about her", he said patting my back.

Was he able to hear what I say to myself in my mind or I really spoke aloud??

"Let's discuss it later. It's time to leave ", I said changing the topic.

Shivam sighed and we left my cabin.

I entered Avantika's cabin and I saw that she was still working. What a workaholic she is!!!

"Okay today's work is over", I said closing the file on which she was working.

"Nikhil!! What the hell is this! Let me complete my work please. ", she frowned.

"Avantika, it's 7. You should not take so much stress ", I said.

"Only a few weeks are left and so much is left to do", she said and kept her hand on her forehead. She rubbed her eyes and then rested her elbows on the table.

"I know but we will complete it before the deadline. I promise. Don't take stress. You will fall ill. Is your work more important than your health??", I asked entwining my hands with hers.

She took a long sigh and then nodded. Finally!! I was successful in convincing this work addict.

I took her hand and dragged her to our car.

"Why are we going in this direction?? Our hotel is in another direction ", she asked being confused.

I smirked and made up my mind that I am not going to tell her anything.

"Answer me nikhil", she demanded.

"Have patience honey!", I said with a wink.

She made a face and stuttered, "I hate this suspense".

During the whole drive she was silent and I felt odd because I don't have habit of having such a quiet drive. Avantika is a chatter box and I can understand that she was mad at me.

When we reached our destination, I could see her face gleaming up with joy. She hugged me in excitement after all we were at the Starbucks!! Her favourite.

"Thank you so much nikhil", avantika exclaimed with joy.

She got down from the car and I got down after her.

We were at the counter and ordered our drinks.

"I will take a hazelnut coffee", she ordered.

"And I.....", before I could say, avantika said.

"And he will take a French roast", she ordered.

This girl always takes me by surprise.

"You have a sweet tooth", I teased her as we took a seat.

"And you have a bitter one", she uttered.

After a few minutes we got our orders.

"Would you like to taste mine?", she asked

"I don't like sweet. You know that, right??", I replied.

"Of course I know but I thought you would take a sip", she said with innocence in her eyes.

"No, thanks. Would you like to have mine??", I offered.

Avantika smiled and took a sip from my cup. Then she slided the cup upto me.

I drank the coffee from that side, where lipstick mark was. She noticed this but pretended that she didn't. I felt like I was kissing her lips for the second time.

_________________

Avantika's POV

It's 19 October today. It had been 6 months to my and Nikhil's marriage.

I never wanted to marry nikhil but now he has my heart. I can't even imagine myself without him. I want to be with him always.

___

I was sitting in my cabin, glancing over few papers.

My phone rang. It was my friend nikita's call.

"Hey buddy...how are you", I asked, picking up the call.

"I am good and you??", she asked.

"I am fine too", I replied

"Congratulations on completing 6 months with nikhil"

"Thanks sis"

Thank God nikita isn't here otherwise she would have made fun of my face because my face had turned a tomato on Nikhil's thought.

"What are you gifting him??", she asked.

"Umm.... not decided yet. Do you have any idea??", I asked scratching my head.

"Who knows him better you or I ??"

"Of course I", I replied walking towards the window.

"I know whatever you will gift him, it will be the best", she giggled.

I sniggered.

"Did you confess your love to him??", she asked and it was clear from her voice that how much excited she was.

And I knew that I was going to ruin it.

"No", I replied facepalming myself.

"What!! You can't be my friend!! How unromantic you are. Completely different from me", she snapped.

"I am waiting for the right time"

"Ugh!! When will the right time come??"

"Nikita I will confess. Don't worry"

"Huh..but make it soon", she requested. "I am joining my hands before you. This is the time yarr".

"I will surely do"

"I will talk to you later. I have some work", she said

"Okay fine...bye", I said and cut the call.

I was about to sit on my chair to start the work again, but someone knocked my door.

"Come in", I called out.

It was a peon. I had ordered for a coffee and he had brought that.

"Thanks", I said.

He placed the coffee mug on the table and went out.

I took a sip of the coffee and then started working again.

Suddenly, I started shivering. My eyes felt dizzy. My head was spinning. I couldn't fight back more and my eyes closed.