S.i.x.t.e.e.n

Avantika held samar's wrist and brought him down in the hall.

"Dad, samar wants to tell you something", avantika said.

Sahil dropped his file on the table and walked towards them.

"Yes beta! Tell", he said.

"Bade papa...I wanted to say...", he stammered.

Avantika put her hand on his shoulder and blinked her eyes to assure him that she is with him.

"I don't want to do business studies", he said gathering courage.

"What??", he gasped.

"Yes bade papa", he said looking down, not having enough courage to meet his glances.

"Are you in your senses??", Sudhanshu said, as he stood from his seat and came to samar.

Kavya, kinjal, siya and monisha came out from kitchen after hearing these noises.

"Papa...please...just listen to me once", samar requested.

"What's going on??", kavya asked.

"Listen!! What your beloved son is saying!!! He is saying that he doesn't want to study business", Sudhanshu snapped pointing at samar.

Kavya came to samar and put her hands on his shoulders.

"Why beta??", she asked in a low voice.

"Because I want to be a fashion designer", he said looking in his mother's eyes.

"Samar!! I had already told you...I will never allow this", Sudhanshu spat out.

"Chachu...please understand!! He will never be happy if he becomes a businessman. His happiness is in fashion designing. Please", avantika requested.

"You don't teach me. I know what's right or wrong for my son", Sudhanshu spattered out in anger.

"Papa I have got admission in the fashion institute of delhi. I really want to do it", he said.

While this discussion was going on sahil kept quiet and thought not to interfere between a father and a son.

"You have already given the entrance exam for the business college and in a few days results will be out. Then you will have to join it and leave these stupid thoughts of being a fashion designer", Sudhanshu declared.

"I never gave that exam", samar told.

"What??"

"Yes!! I didn't give the exam"

"It means you lied to us"

Sudhanshu couldn't control his anger and slapped samar. Samar trembled back and avantika held him.

"Chachu please!! One mistake you have already done by not letting nikhil become a musician so please don't repeat this mistake again", avantika yelled.

Everyone looked at her in shock.

"Avi beta!!", monisha kept her finger to her lips indicating avantika to be quiet.

"No maa...not today. It's enough now. Chachu, you can't take decisions for samar. He is mature enough to understand what is right or wrong. He very well understands in which work his happiness lies.", avantika snapped.

"Avantika please stop", kavya scolded.

"Chachi let me speak otherwise samar will regret his whole life like nikhil is regretting", avantika said.

"So you think we did wrong with nikhil!!", sahil broke his silence.

"Papa....", avantika tried to say something but sahil interrupted her.

"Can't you see how successful he is!! Can't you see how happy he is!!!", sahil scolded.

"He looks happy from outside but he still feels bad from inside. A part of him still wants to be a singer, a musician", she said.

"Avantika!!", nikhil said.

He entered inside. He heard a last statements made.

"What is this avantika??", he asked

"Nikhil, see what your wife is saying... she says that we did wrong with you by not letting you become a musician and your brother samar is rebelling our decision because he wants to be a fashion designer", Sudhanshu told.

"Say if I am telling a lie. Is it not true that your happiness is in music??", avantika asked him.

Nikhil kept quiet.

"Bhai please say!!", samar requested.

"Yes!!", he agreed.

"You too think that whatever I did was wrong", sahil asked.

"Yes papa!! What you did was absolutely wrong and I request you don't do this with samar", he said joining his hands in front of him.

"I also request to that please let samar do what he wants!! Please", avantika also joined her hands before him.

"I know my brother, if you will still ask him to do business he will agree but dad, he will never be happy. I was disheartened when when asked me to leave music. I adjusted with it but I know how difficult it is to adjust. I request you!! Please support samar. Don't do this to him".

Sahil sighed. He understood and regretted on his mistake.

"I am sorry beta", sahil apologised to nikhil.

"No dad please don't say this", nikhil said.

"Samar, you can do whatever you want. I am sorry for being so rude to you", sahil said and hugged samar.

"Thank you avantika. If you wouldn't be here, I would have committed a big sin again", sahil said caressing Avantika's head.

"I am also sorry beta", Sudhanshu said cupping samar's face.
__________________

After finishing the dinner, everyone retired to their rooms.

Avantika was the last one to go back to her room. She was scared that how would nikhil react.

She slowly entered her room and closed the door. Nikhil was sitting on the bed and working on his laptop. He looked up and as he saw avantika, he approached her.

"I am sorry nikhil. I didn't mean.....", she stammered.

Nikhil hugged her before she could say anything else.

Avantika stood frozen. Her heart beat increased. She was numb and didn't hug him back. A chill ran down through her spine.

"Thank you avantika. You saved my brother's life from getting ruined", he said still hugging her.

She slowly put her hand on his back.

They slowly released the hug.

"You make my life better avantika. Thanks for being there for me avi", he said.

Avantika couldn't believe her ears. She was still feeling like she was daydreaming. He hugged her for the first time and then he called her 'avi' for the first time.

"It's Okay nikhil. Samar is not your brother only, he is my brother too. I had to do this for him", avantika said entwining her hand in Nikhil's hand.

"I am proud to have you as my wife", nikhil said cupping her face

🍁 Stuck together 🍁 [Completed]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें