S.e.v.e.n.t.e.e.n

Nikhil's POV

Avantika is truly the good fortune for our family. The way she handles my family is excellent. Even I was not able to control dad and chachu but avantika did. She is just perfect.

Yesterday, I couldn't control myself and hugged her. My feelings for her are overflowing. She just makes me feel completed.

Ae kash ke hum...hosh m ab..ane na pae
Bs nagme...tere pyar ke gaate hi..jaae

______________

Next day

I was waiting in the office hall for avantika and I saw her coming from the accounts room, having a pile of files in her hand and panting. She is just like this only. Always messy but cute.

"So many files avantika!!", I exclaimed taking the files from her hand.

"You know na nikhil we have to start the work on the Kolkata project and for that first I have to complete other pending projects so I thought to bring all of them to home", she said.

Suddenly her phone rang. It was nandani bhabhi's call.

"Hello bhabhi..how are you??", she said after picking up the call.

"What?? O my god!! Bhabhi congrats!!", she said and seemed really excited.

"Okay I will try to come...okay bye", she said hanging up the call.

"Nikhil!! I am so happy!!", she said and hugged me.

I was amazed by seeing her so excited. She has never acted like this. Today I got to know that she is not only an independent and ambitious girl but also childlike.

"Will you tell me what's the matter??", I said breaking the hug.

"Nandani bhabhi is pregnant", she said holding my hand.

"Oh that's great! You going to become bua (aunt)", I said.

"And you fufaji (uncle)", she said pulling my cheek.

"Not fufaji? I will tell the little kid to call me mamaji instead. It sounds cooler", I told.

"Whatever!! But promise me that we will visit my home tomorrow and you will have to accompany me Please!!", she said.

I opened my mouth to say something but she cut my statement and said, "I know you will be busy but I request you . Please nikhil try to get some time".

Again I wanted to say something but again she interrupted and said, "Please don't say no".

I put my hand on her mouth and covered it.

"Let me speak", I said removing my hand.

"Why tomorrow?? Let's go right now to meet them", I said.

She jumped to her feet with excitement.

"But you have to promise me one thing", I said holding her hand.

"Yeah say", she said with a broad smile on her face.

"Promise me that you will talk to dad nicely and you will forgive him too", I said.

Her smile faded and she took her hands back.

"I can't do this. Sorry", she said taking a step back.

"I don't know what happened between you and dad but I have seen him sad. I have seen him regretting. Please avantika", I said looking into her eyes.

She looked away and said, "I can't because he has hurt me. You know who forced me to marry you. DAD!! He told me that if I don't marry you then he would never see my face again".

I was so shocked. How can anyone be so insensitive!!

"His words still prick my heart. I will never forgive him", she continued.

I put my hands on her shoulders and said, "He did wrong with you but that's not the way you should treat him after all he is your father. I know that what he did was wrong but he did it for your sake, for your happiness. Are you not happy with me??".

"I am but...."

"Then forgive him", I said blinking my eyes.

She thought for a while but then agreed.

_______________

At Avantika's house.

"Congrats bhaiya bhabhi", I said and hugged manik bhaiya and nandani bhabhi.

I and avantika touched mummy and papa's feet.

Avantika hugged mummy and took a step back. I nodded my head as a sign that she should hug papa too and she followed it.

Everyone was overwhelmed by seeing this.

"I am sorry beta", papa said cupping Avantika's face.

"I have forgiven you papa", she said in a low voice as if she was about to cry. I held her by shoulders and then we came inside.

"Bhabhi, I am so so so excited for the baby", avantika said.

Mummy brought tea for us.

"Thanks Avi!! You know it's the second month", bhabhi said caressing her belly.

"Why didn't you tell me before??", she pouted.

"I also got to know today only. I missed my periods last month but I thought it was normal because it happens with me sometimes. But today I peuked nearly four times so I went to hospital and then we got to know about this", bhabhi replied.

"Avi, nikhil, I think you both should also start planning about your child", manik bhaiya said.

I nearly choked the tea while gulping it down and coughed a little.

Avantika was also feeling shy and she looked at her brother, widening her eyes.

"I was just kidding. Why did you both become so serious ??", manik bhaiya started laughing.

The members too joined him and laughed.

"Please don't tease my sister-in-law now", nandani bhabhi defended us.

"Nikhil beta, how is the kolkata project going??", papa asked.

"Very well papa. In fact we are going kolkata next month", I told.

"When will you come back??", maa asked.

"It may take a lot of time. Maybe 2 or 3 months", I shrugged.

"That's too long. How will you manage there alone??", maa asked being worried about me.

"Don't worry maa, avantika will also accompany me there", I told.

"Nikhil, you don't understand. Taking avantika with you is the real problem because she is hell irritating", manik bhaiya teased.

Avantika narrowed her eyes at him and threw the cushion at him.

"Not again", maa warned them.

"Bhaiya was the one who started maa", avantika fought.

"I had to tell nikhil otherwise he would have cursed himself later", manik bhaiya added.

"Ohh god!! What should I do with you both!!! Both of you have got married and manik, you are going to become father soon. Still you both fight like children", maa scolded.

"Maa, how would it be if we do a pooja before nikhil and avantika go for their success in this projectas well as for our baby??", nandani bhabhi suggested and I absolutely loved her idea.

"Great idea bhabhi", I and avantika said together.

"What an understanding!!", nandani bhabhi smirked.

Avantika started blushing. She is a shy person too!!

"So day after tomorrow, on Sunday", papa suggested.

"Sure dad", I said.