48.8

HAVANA, CUBA

"We swap in parts from Fords, Plymouths, and Cadillacs," A man says in Spanish as he work on a car. "My grandfather bought it in 1957. When he died, it passed to my father. Then my brother, and now to me."
"Look at this," Dom tells Letty in Spanish with a smile on his face. "This is an engine from a boat."
"No way!" Letty says with a shocked smile.
"Yeah," The man says before speaking in Spanish. "Whatever it takes to keep it running."
"This is the Cuban spirit," Dom says with a smile still on his face before speaking in Spanish. "Your spirit. Don't ever lose that."
"Dom. Dom," Catalina calls as she rushes over to them. "It's our cousin. Fernando is in trouble. Come on!"
"You know I can't make a living without my car," Fernando tells a man.
"Not my problem, bro," Raldo states with a shrug before he sees Dom and Catalina. "Dominic and Catalina Toretto, I heard about you both. Welcome to my island."
"Why you hookin' up my cousin's car?" Dom asks the man, who is attaching a chain to his cousin's car.
"He needed money, I gave it to him," Raldo answers Dom. "He can't pay, I take the car."
"I just need a few more days," Fernando pleads.
"'Few more days' wasn't part of the deal," Raldo says with a shake of his head.
"Come one. You make a deal, you gotta live up to it," Catalina tells Fernando as she taps his arm.
"You make a deal, you gonna live up to it," Raldo repeats causing Dom to look at him.
"'Gonna' live up to it?" Dom asks him as he glares at him. "Oh, so you're one of those types. You take everyone's ride, and then ship it back to the States?"
"You should show your people some respect," Letty says in Spanish as Catalina nods in agreement.
"You watch your mouth," Raldo says as he points at Letty, causing her and Catalina to laugh.
"Now you got a problem," Letty says with a smirk as Dom turns to face Raldo.
"I'm gonna keep it about the cars," Dom says as he points at Raldo.
"I'm really scared," Raldo says in Spanish.
"You want a car, get it the right way," Catalina tells him as she looks at Dom with a smirk.
"How?" Raldo asks her with a raised brow.
"Race for it," Dom answers him with a smirk.
"I already own it, bro," Raldo states.
"Not that car," Dom says as he points at his cousin's car before turning to point at his car. "Mine."
"Dom, his car is the fastest car on the island," Fernando says quickly in slight panic. "Do you know what he has under that hood?"
"He knows it doesn't matter what's under a hood," Catalina tells her cousin. "The only thing that matters is who's behind the wheel."
"You think so?" Raldo asks her with a challenging glare.
"I know so," Dom answers him with a nod.
"Then race his car," Raldo challenges him with a smirk. "And we ain't racing no quarter-mile, here. We race the Cuban mile."
"Done," Dom says accepting the challenge, causing the crowd to cheer.

"I appreciate what you're trying to do," Fernando says as Dom takes the hood off of his car. "But my car is the slowest car on the island." Dom takes the bumper and fenders off of the car.
"Was," Dom tells him as he points at the car. "Pull the seats, the doors, the battery. If it ain't the motor, take it off."
"Laughing gas?" Fernando asks as Letty walks up with a blue canister.
"Nah, Fed. This is Cuban NOS," Letty answers him with a smile.
"You guys are crazy," Fernando says before taking a drink of his Coca Cola. "What are you doing?" Catalina takes the tab off of the coke can, handing it to Dom.
"Poor man's turbo," Catalina answers him as Dom puts the tab around a tube. "Pull the vacuum line and hold on." Catalina looks at Dom and Letty with a smile.
"Old trick that Buster used to play, in case of emergencies," Dom says in understanding.
"You know that's way too much boost for that engine," Letty tells him with a smirk.
"It's gonna be fast," Catalina says as Dom connects the tube back.
"It's gonna be a bomb," Letty argues with her.
"Only needs to go a mile," Dom tells her, causing her to smile. They go to the starting line before Letty and Catalina are given bikes so they can go ahead to stop traffic.
"Are you ready for this, my family?" A woman asks in Spanish as she stands between the two cars. "This is Havana!" The crowd cheers. "Be fast. Be safe. But don't be last. Racers ready! Vámonos!" The drivers take off with Dom slightly trailing behind Raldo. The man bumps Dom into a pile of trash as they turn. Dom turns his NOS on as he quickly catches back up to Raldo, who tries to bump Dom into oncoming traffic but Dom swerved out of the way. Letty and Catalina jump a hill before blocking traffic. Dom and the man drive past before Letty and Catalina take off again. Letty and Catalina stop as the other bikers pass them.
"Where are they going?" Catalina asks Letty confused.
"I don't know. Let's go!" Letty answers before they follow the other bikers. Dom and Raldo bump into each other before driving down two different streets. Dom and Raldo meet back on the same street. One of the bikers runs his bike out into the street causing Dom to run over the bike which slows him down.
"Okay, Buster. Let's see if this works," Dom says before pulling the wire attached to the tab which pulls the tube loose. The car speeds up really fast causing Dom to catch back up to Raldo. The engine on Dom's car catches fire. The windshield busts from the heat of the fire. Dom quickly turns around, driving in reverse before hitting the NOS again. Dom and Raldo are even as they approach the finish line before something explodes in Dom's engine causing him to take the lead as they cross the finish line.
"Look out!" Dom yells at the crowd as he realizes that he doesn't have any breaks. Dom quickly turns the car before jumping out as the car flies into the water. The crowd, especially the kids rush over to Dom. Letty looks at Dom in shock before he picks a kid up smiling at her. Dom smirks at her as the crowd cheers for him. Dom puts the kid down before walking over to Raldo.
"A deal's a deal. You won my car. And you earned my respect," Raldo says handing his keys to Dom, who looks over at Letty at the respect part. Letty smiles at Dom as they both remember Brian's first race against Dom.
"Keep your car," Dom says as he pushes the keys back to the man. "Your respect is good enough for me." Letty walks over to Dom before they wrap an arm around each other. "Yo, cousin. Sorry about your car." Dom throws his keys to his cousin.
"Yours was too slow for a Toretto, anyway," Catalina adds with a smirk.
"Your Impala? Are you serious?" Fernando questions him in shock before turning to the crowd who cheers.

Catalina and Dom stop outside the hotel, while Letty goes to get her and Dom a room.
"What's on your mind?" Dom asks his sister, sensing that something was bothering her.
"I'm having a baby," Catalina answers him as she looks down while Dom looks at his sister with a smile.
"And you didn't tell him, did you?" Dom asks her thinking about Tej, causing Catalina to sigh. "Just like your sister. You got to tell him."
"I don't want him to be disappointed with his life," Catalina says as she slightly shakes her head. "With me."
"He will never be disappointed with you," Dom reassures his sister just as he had once done with Mia. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to him."
"Thank you," Catalina says as she pulls her brother into a hug. After saying goodbye to Letty and Dom, Catalina heads back to the states.

Catalina is looking out at the view from her and Tej's house before Tej walks over to her, hugging her from behind. Catalina turns to face him, kissing him before he picks her up. Tej puts her against the wall as they continue to kiss before they make their way to the bed.
"Look at that smile," Catalina says after kissing Tej. "I love it when you smile."
"You make me happy," Tej tells her, causing her to smile.
"Mmm, I think this place makes you happy," Catalina explains, glancing out the window at her dad's garage. "It's like it speaks to you."
"It speaks to you as well," Tej tells her with a smile.
"I can't help but to imagine what it would be like if we had a little one running around," Catalina says not sure if Tej even wants kids.
"Is that what you want?" Tej asks her after they kiss.
"It's not about what I want or what you want. It's about why we haven't asked the question," Catalina answers him before he kisses her.

The next morning, Catalina left before Tej was awake, to go on a morning run, knowing that they would go get breakfast once she was back. On the way back to their house, Catalina comes across a lady trying to get her car to start.
"Do you need a hand?" Catalina asks her with a smile.
"Yeah, I think I do," The lady answers her as she recognizes Catalina.
"Sounds like you're not getting any fuel," Catalina tells her as she walks over to the car to take a look.
"Yeah?" The lady asks with fake cluelessness.
"Probably the shut-off solenoid," Catalina explains as she looks at the car. "Let's see if we can get some power to it."
"What brings you to Los Angeles?" The lady asks as Catalina works on the car.
"The same thing that brings everyone else to Los Angeles," Catalina answers her with a smile. "Culture, people, the beauty. Besides I was born and raised here. What brings you to Los Angeles?"
"Work," The lady says to her as she grows serious.
"Must be casual Friday," Catalina jokes with her since the lady is in shorts and a tank top.
"How's that honeymoon stage of the relationship going, Catalina ?" The lady asks as she leans against the car, taking off her sunglasses.
"Your fuel relay is missing," Catalina says as she looks at her shocked.
"I know," The lady says as she holds the fuel relay up.
"I would love to play games," Catalina says as the lady walks around the car, putting the fuel relay back. "But I'm kind of in a rush, so if you've got something to say to me..."
"Oh, this is a very different game, that I can assure you," The lady tells Catalina as she walks back around her. "This... There's something much greater at work here. This is fate."
"I choose to make my own fate," Catalina says as she slightly glares at the lady.
"Not today," The lady states before looking around. "Is this the road you take to your house every morning after your run? What else is different, Catalina?" Catalina looks at her slightly shocked before she goes back to slightly glaring. "Yeah. I put a lot of work into getting you here today."
"Well, now that I'm here, what do you want?" Catalina asks her as she crosses her arms across her chest.
"I want you to work for me," The lady answers him simply.
"Work for you?" Catalina asks her as if she is crazy. "Oh, I could've saved you a lot of time, then. See, I don't work for anyone."
"You can't walk away from this, Lina," The lady says as Catalina turns to walk away. "Just like your brother, Dominic, can't walk away. We're going to have this conversation, one way or the other. You see, that's the funny thing about fate." Catalina turns back to look at her to see if she is for real. "It's cunning. It can bring you beautiful things like a pregnancy." Catalina puts a hand on her stomach protectively. "And it can also bring you moments like this." The lady pulls her phone out before holding it out to Catalina, who walks back over to her. Catalina takes the phone before the lady stands beside her as she watches the video on the phone. "Oh, you're gonna want to work for me, just like Dom. You're gonna betray your brothers, abandon your code, and shatter your family. You see, your team is about to go up against the only thing they can't handle."
"What's that?" Catalina asks her as she doesn't take her eyes off of the phone.
"You and Dom," The lady answers Catalina as she walks around her. "Oh, and, Lina, I wouldn't mention this to anyone besides Dom." The lady gets in her car before driving away as Catalina finally looks away from the phone with anger running through her.