25.6

"There she goes, leaving you again," Owen says as he gets out of his car in front of Dom after Letty left. "Bloody fickle, that one."

"You want bloody? We could do bloody," Dom tells him with a smirk causing Owen to chuckle.

"A street kid, starts out stealing DVD players in East L. A., ends up leading a heist for $100 million in Rio," Owen says causing Dom to nod.

"Not bad, huh?" Dom asks him with a smirk.

"It's a good story, isn't it?" Owen answers him. "Almost inspiring. See, what I couldn't fathom is why he's not relaxing on a beach somewhere with that little Brazilian number. Instead, he's working with a two bit government hack like Hobbs. And then I realized, he has a weak spot."

"We all got a weak spot," Dom tells him.

"You know, when I was young, my brother always used to say, 'Every man has to have his code.'," Owen explains to him. "Mine? Precision. A team is nothing but pieces you switch out until you get the job done. It's efficient. It works. But you?" Owen lets out a chuckle as Dom watches him. "You're loyal to a fault. Your code is about family. And that's great in the holidays, but it makes you predictable. And in our line of work, predictable means vulnerable. And that means I can reach out and break you whenever I want."

"At least when I go, I'll know what it's for," Dom says with a smirk.

"Well, at least you have a code," Owen says with a chuckle. "Most men don't." Dom nods in agreement. "So, I'm going to give you a chance. Take your crew and walk away. That's the only way you're going to keep your family safe."

"Your brother never told you never to threaten a man's family?" Dom asks him. "It's a pretty stupid thing to do." Owen chuckles. "But I'll make it simple for you. I'll walk away when they walk away."

"Well, then, it appears this inspiring tale has come to an end," Owen says with a smirk as he looks at Dom's chest. Dom looks down to find a red dot from a sniper.

"If that's the way it has to go," Dom says with a shrug before glancing at Owen's chest. Owen looks down with a chuckle to find his own red dot.

"Let me guess... Hobbs," Owen says as Dom smirks.

"Come on, you son of a bitch," Hobbs says from behind his rifle that is pointed at Owen.

"The 'two-bit government hack'," Dom says with a smile as he repeats Owen's words. Owen laughs before walking towards his car, motioning for his man to leave.

"Here, You can have her because she's an extra piece I don't need right now," Owen says as he pulls Catalina out of his car before she spits in his face. Owen throws her on the ground. Owen had grabbed Catalina before she could get in her car. "See you around, Toretto."

"You can bet on it," Dom says before Owen gets in his car and leaves. Dom rushes over to his sister, picking her up.

"Riley, Shaw's leaving Battersea, heading southeast. Have Tej track him on his live feed, go," Hobbs says over the phone as he starts heading down to Dom and Catalina. "You know what would have happened if I didn't put that tracker in your car?"

"This one?" Dom says innocently as he holds it up to him. They laugh as Hobbs takes the tracker from him.

"You know, this just got me one step closer to Shaw," Hobbs says. "For what it's worth, Toretto, I hope it gets you closer to what you want, too."

"It did," Dom says as he motions to Catalina, who is glaring in the direction that Owen left.