Chapter 2

"Why didn't you say anything when ma was talking on the table?" Radha asked in dejection as she sat on one corner of the bed, facing the wall. 

"I didn't have to, maybe now they are understanding my miseries. The faults in our kundlis" Abhi laughed as he picked up his laptop from the table. 

"Faults-I-why, why-why can't you tell her that it isn't my kundali who is at fault! It is her own son who wants nothing to do with his wife! I can't make a child on my own!" Radha screamed in frustration. 

"Oh darling, why don't you tell that to mom? Oh wait you can't, cuz that would mean our marriage is a sham, and that would lead to divorce and then you would be kicked out of the house, and without the status of a Kapoor bahu and your failed start up, where will you go? Don't think your parents care for you enough to take you back, or maybe you don't care for them enough to go back to them, who knows?" Abhi continued taunting her. 

"Stop it Abhimanyu! Day in and day out, do you have nothing else to offer?" Radha snapped

"In this relationship  only a child could have been offered, but you disgust me Radha, to give you a child would be an insult to my lineage!" Abhimanyu spat out. 

Radha bit the insides of her mouth to stop her from screaming and stiffened her face to stop any tears. They wouldn't pour out though, she was accustomed to this for a long time and she was too exhausted to refute his allegations. 

She had to stay in this marriage, she had sworn to her parents she would, she had sworn to her dearest papa- her father-in-law, that she'd be by his side no matter what. That she'd be by his son's side no matter what. Separation wasn't an option, it didn't have to be when there was an invisible wall dividing them anyway. And how did it matter, she had Dev with her always, yes now there will be another person in their life, Dev's legitimate partner, but how did it matter, she had a legitimate partner and that didn't stop her, so it shouldn't stop Dev. But would that mean another girl would be robbed off a happy marriage. 

Meera shrugged away those thoughts, she had been robbed off a happy marriage, she deserved to be happy, that girl would find her ways too.

She carried her magazines and left the room to sit in the hall. If she stayed there any longer, her husband wouldn't stop taunting her and blaming her for everything. 

She wanted kids, little kids where she could undo her parent's mistakes, she would let them do whatever, let them be whoever, never force them in a marriage, far from that, she'd teach them of love! Was there a possibility for it? 

-

"They are great people, we have known the kapoor for a long time! Sunita and Sameer have been close friends and Sameer has always treated you as  a daughter! You should have no reason to say no!"  her mother had coaxed her. 

"You have to get married one day and mind you I will not tolerate anyone from out of our circles! And there is no one better than this proposal! You have known Abhimanyu since you were a child!" her father reasoned. He was adamant. 

"What is wrong with you all! I have just completed college! I want more from my life than just marriage! And I've know Abhi only when I was a child! After that he left for boarding school, college, masters, I don't know! I don't know him at all!" Radha reasoned and refuted her parent's offer. 

"Don't be silly Radha! When you know someone as a child, you don't need to know anymore of them! people turn into their childhood selves when there is a problem! and you already know him as a child!" Her mother gave an incredulous explanation.