Chapter 5

"Abhi, Aman, Radha! Aah, finally what took you guys so long!" Gauri came as she greeted the three as soon as they entered the Resort. "We thought you lost your way!" 

"Lover's tiff aunty!" Aman announced only to receive a slap on his head by Abhimanyu. 

"We just got stuck in traffic" Radha replied cordially as she greeted Gauri and the rest of their family.

"Alright alright, come on in, I'll introduce you to the rest of the family, to Priyanka and her fiancee as well, please come in" Gauri's husband said as they welcomed the kids into their abode. 

-

"And well this is the chief of honor of all our ceremonies, our daughter, Priyanka" Gauri introduced to Radha, while a woman who had her back turned let out her hand to imply give-me-two-minutes, while she continued talking to the waiter. She suddenly turned around and put her hand out for Radha

"Hi, I am priyanka, you must be Radha, mom's told me so much about you!" 

Radha was flabbergasted to see Priyanka. The first thought whizzing in her brain told her that she had seen this girl somewhere. The second one told her that this was the girl on Dev's bedside. Radha put out her hand to shake Priyanka's while she noticed her face again and again, bludgeoning her memory to see if she was indeed right. Priyanka was beautiful tall, petite, fair and hair lustrous like a hot sunny day. Radha's correctness only came assured when Priyanka announced, while hugging a man next to her - "And this is my to be husband dev". Radha raised her eyes to meet the man's out of great fright. Dev looked at her and blinked to make sure it was indeed Radha. Radha was aghast, what had she agreed to be a part of, had she not read the wedding card!? Why had she not! 

She suddenly felt an arm around her shoulder and was frightened. 

"Hi, I am Abhimanyu and this is my wife - Radha" Abhimanyu said as he let out his hand to shake that of Dev's and Priyanka's. 

"Abhi, it's been so long, Dev, Abhi and were in the same university for a while, when he was doing his masters and his undergrad, we also dated for a while and realized we annoyed the shit out of each other!" Priyanka added while chipping in awkward detail chirpily. Radha who was still digesting this information looked at Abhi, laughing and chatting with Priyanka and looking at Dev who was equally taken aback. Abhi's hold on her shoulder tightened, gesturing her to chip into the conversation, he would often do it when he had to police her in social events. 

"But you don't need to envy me at all Dev, you're the one marrying her, best of luck!" Abhimanyu said to get a few laughs, to which Dev politely smiled. Dev and Priyanka were called by someone to which they bid adieu to Abhi and Radha and began moving. Dev blinked his eyes for more than a second to assure Radha of how they'd manage things, while Radha still stood there with her face resembling a clock that had struck 12. 

"Stop behaving like you've suddenly seen a ghost of your ex boyfriend's past, and walk with me!" Abhimanyu whispered to her and began leading her to the elevator with his hand still around her shoulder to keep up the facade of a happy couple. Suddenly he felt her putting more weight on his hand and turned to see her fainting. He promptly let her fall into his arms. The sight invited the view of many including Dev who bulleted towards Radha being followed by everyone else. 

"Was she standing in the sun for really long" Dev asked Abhimanyu who was clearly incapable of handling his fainted wife, while Dev held her and sprayed water on her and made her sip on to it. 

Abhimanyu thought for a moment about how she had been screaming at him in the middle of the road, in the sun and replied with a brief yes. 

"Don't you know she isn't supposed to!" Dev said a little agitated as he slapped Radha's face to wake her up.