Chapter 11

"Stop the car Abhimanyu" Radha announced as Abhi continued driving.

"Radha don't be silly-"

"I said STOP THE CAR!" She screamed. Abhimanyu pulled over on the side abruptly. Radha got out of the car and slammed the door behind her, furiously. Abhi got out too and followed her. 

"That's why you did this, for the last 3 years!? Is that why you decided that it was your mission in life to make my life miserable!? To ruin our marriage!?" Radha screamed. She felt betrayed, she was angry, everything seemed so trivial and yet to humongous. Abhi walked towards her, he held her hand and began pulling her to the car. Radha freed herself from his grip.

"You did it for some goddamn letters and a phone conversation!?" she asked him incredulously.

"Radha I was hurt-" Abhimanyu tried to explain 

"And what about me!? Couldn't you have asked me! I was your own and not a bloody stranger! I was your Radha!  Your childhood friend! We collected daisies in those gardens remember!?" Radha shouted. Abhimanyu stood there, thinking over. Radha suddenly began slapping his chest 

"You called me a liar and a horrible woman and said whatever you wanted to - you ruined me! You left me impaired! You left my heart impaired! I hate you! You ruined me! You ruined my chance on a happy marriage, on motherhood! You made me detest myself! why! Why Abhi, why!" Radha said as she continued slapping him. 

"Radha. Radha. RADHA!" Abhi screamed as he held her shoulder to stop her. Radha fell quiet. 

"You could've told me that you didn't want to marry me or asked me Radha why didn't you read my letters! You could've let it go and asked me why I spoke to you on call! but you didn't! You chose to treat me like I was a pile of dirt! To remind me again and again that I wasn't one of you!" Radha whispered. Abhi continued hearing, his face was made out of guilt and apology but Radha looked at none. She freed herself from Abhi's grip and went and sat into the car. 

It was too late now, she couldn't forgive him, she couldn't let go of the shadow of the other man who filled her husband's void. She couldn't let go. She didn't know what turn their relationship was going to take. 

-

Abhimanyu sat on the bed, flustered, he had done wrong, he had ruined things, he had punished Radha for no mistake of hers. Radha had never once taken advantage of the Kapoor stature or gone on to get something exorbitant. She was different from her parents. Would they ever be able to repair their relationship? Perhaps yeah, it still wasn't too late, was it? 

Radha hadn't looked at him since they returned, she hadn't said a word, instead she was busy watering the plants with his father. 

He had to apologize to her first, but clearly he couldn't say sorry, maybe start with doing her little things the way she used to in the initial days of their marriage. Abhi looked into the mirror in his wardrobe as he stood there wearing his towel. The bathroom was excessively wet today, leading the water out to the wardrobe, hence he had to change in the wardrobe. 

Radha entered the room, she looked to see if Abhi was there, seeing the door of the wardrobe slightly open, she assumed Abhimanyu was in the bathroom. She walked into the wardrobe with a bundle of clothes in her hands. As soon as she stepped in, she saw Abhimanyu standing in a towel. She jumped, how could this man jumpscare her everytime. Except this time she jumped on water and slipped. 

Morey jiya, main kya tere bin
Morey jiya, tu mera palchim

Abhimanyu quickly bent towards her, as he gripped her hand and pulled her towards him, as he tried not to slip on the bare water himself. The bundle of the clothes flew in the air.