Chapter 10

"What were you doing in the gynecology ward in the hospital today" Abhimanyu asked, making Radha receive a jolt. How did he know? she continued folding her clothes without looking at him. She wasn't answerable to him. Abhimanyu gripped her hand and turned her towards him, "I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" he screamed. Radha looked at the door of the bedroom, which was still open. His voice would have made it down to his parents. Abhimanyu understood her concern and walked towards the door, slamming it loud and making it finch. 

"Don't you understand what I am saying! Answer me, dammit!" Abhimanyu announced glaring at her. 

"I went to see if I could ever be a mother in this goddamn relationship!" Radha spat out gathering all her courage

Abhimanyu broke into unamused laughter. "Oh really, and what did the doctor say?" he asked with a smirk 

"That I couldn't be, that god doesn't give children to loveless wombs!" Radha spat out again, with a glare, furiously. She was really blaming Abhimanyu for what was happening with her.

"Oh really, and whose fault is that!" Abhimanyu said, loosening his tie and flinging his coat on to the chair. 

"What-I don't believe this, you're trying to say it's my fault!? How pathetic of a man can you be Abhimanyu! You've fucked my life! You're the reason I am not going to be a mother and you blame it on me!?" Radha retaliated 

"You should've thought about it before starting a relationship with a lie!?" Abhimanyu spat back. 

"Lie! What lie! the only lie there is now is this relationship! You started it with a lie! What did I lie to you about!?" Radha screamed at the top of her voice, she was sweating now. 

"What lie-I don't believe this and now you're going to lie about that! You're such a - god! You deserve this! You deserve my hate!" Abhimanyu said gritting his teeth as he bent towards her and warned her with his index finger. 

"NO! I DON'T! I don't deserve anybody's hate! Stop making me believe that! I've believed it for so long! I deserve to be loved! You're an asshole, you choose to hurt me and not love me, but I am not the cause of that!" Radha screamed back at him. "What do I deserve your hate for? tell me!? I've tried nothing except making things right! What do you hate me for!?" She said as she screamed louder, she didn't know her voice could go upto those decibels. 

"Right? yes, alright, yes you were right, you were right not reply to a single letter of mine that I wrote to you from my boarding school!? You were right to talk to me the night before our wedding when I told you I didn't want to marry you, assure me that I wouldn't need to be worried because you wouldn't come to the mandap and then land up on the wedding day and expect me to play marriage marriage with you!?" Abhimanyu said, and instantly realizing that he felt so much lighter after letting it all out. 

"What!? are you drunK! Do you hear yourself! what letters were you talking about! you abandoned me and didn't send me a single letter, how the fuck would I reply to them! the day before my wedding I was sitting outside the ICU! Your father came to me and told me how much you wanted to marry me, how you were happy with this match and that's why i said yes! what phone call are you talking about!" Radha justified shocked at the mindless allegations

"Oh, stop spinning tales and lies around everything now! You trapped my father in the web of your words, you can't trap me!" Abhimanyu screamed at her

"I never trapped you father! Papa, always treated me as a daughter! I never said I wanted to get married to you! Your father asked me to! He said it was the only way i could save my father!" Radha said trying to clear things and getting a hint of what Abhi was implying.