Chapter 14

Radha looked at Abhimanyu and folded her lips, before staring at the Kapoor house that they were now supposed to enter. Her heat beat was still racing from the mishap that had happened hours ago. She was stumped. She could've been killed. Abhimanyu could've been killed. The both of them could've just lost their lives! Abhimanyu sensed her shock and disbelief. He himself wasn't sure of what he had just gotten into. They had just received a blow of their lives followed by henchman behind their lives, it almost felt unreal. But somehow everything was making sense to him, he could connect the dots, with what he knew, what MLA chaudhary had told him, the little bits he had understood by conversations with his father. He couldn't imagine what Radha must be going through, it must almost be traumatic. Whatever it was, they were in this together. Abhimanyu gave a slight push to Radha's elbow, nudging her to get out of the car but she received it with a jolt. She was so engrossed in her own thoughts. Radha nodded to him in embarrassment and carefully stepped out of the damaged car. Abhimanyu followed her. 

They rung the bell of the house. 

"What took you so long, I have been calling you for so long! I was so worri-" A blabbering Sunita opened the door, she was shocked to see a disheveled Radha and Abhimanyu, she peeked to notice the disfigured car behind them, the bullet marks on it evident. A distraught Aman who was standing right behind her, walked towards them. 

"Wh-wh-what happened!?" Sunita asked almost  tearing up. 

"Not now ma, I'll explain once we get in" Abhimanyu said in a haste, as Radha and him quickly got into the house. He cautiously looked around before instantly shutting the door tight. He pushed the bolts upwards and turned around to console his upset mother. 

"Are all the doors and windows locked?" he asked Aman. 

"Yes, I locked everything once I came back home" Aman replied meekly. 

"What is going on! Abhi! tell me! What happened to you!?" his mother asked sternly as she held Abhi's hands and shook them violently in sorrow. When Abhimanyu stood there, too exhausted to give an answer. She took to Radha, cupping her face in a affectionate yet sorrowful feeling, she repeated her questions, "Tell me, someone attacked you? who attacked you? tell me!" Radha stood there unfazed, numb, she couldn't feel anything. 

"Yes Maa, we were attacked but there is nothing to worry" Abhimanyu said, he didn't want to lie to his mother but he also didn't want to worry. 

Sunita heard this and pressed her chest. Wasn't it enough that her husband had mortal enemies, that now her children had goons behind them. She was quivering with fear. Her mind has all sorts of devious thoughts racing in them, much to her dismay. Unable to manage the fear, she began feeling week in her knees. 

"Maa!" Aman rushed to her aid, as he held her from collapsing,Radha and Abhi rushed to her as well, taking her to her room. 

Radha, put some ORS down Sunita's throat as Aman continued rubbing her feet. Abhimanyu stood there pacing around in desperation, he had never seen his parents so helpless and dependent. Radha packed the home BP testing kit in to the box. She pushed out two tablets out of the covers as Aman held some water for his mother. After reassuring Sunita, ensuring her comfort and tucking her in bed, the trio left the room, Aman in to the kitchen to get something to help his distrubed self, Abhimanyu sitting on the table. resting his weight on his elbows as he played with a few coasters there, aimlessly. Radha began walking upstairs to her room, but she stopped

"It must be a panic attack combined with dehydration, it's natural to assume that mom didn't have anything through out the day. You know how frantic she can get by the most trivial news. Don't worry too much, she'll get better by tomorrow" Radha said subtly to Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu slowly processed her words and responded with a nod. Radha continued walking up the stairs.