Chapter 9

Radha lifted her night top up and looked at her stomach, she took her hand and made circle on it. She then pushed her stomach a little outward and bent a little, and then the caressed the curve that her little tummy had made. She pouted her mouth, to see how she would look in the next few months and giggled to herself. There was life growing in her and her joy knew no bounds. It was almost as if she had found another reason to survive. 

She put on a kurta and pants that reached no where near her stomach, the thought of a saree being forced on her stomach scared her, she was unsure of what impact it would happen on the child. 

She thought of a moment of what she would tell her family, she wouldn't leave then in darkness. She would confide in Abhimanyu first but be stern about it, tell him that she was carrying another man's child, he deserved to know this and then go on for a divorce. If he tried to harm her in any manner she would not leave him, he could say anything to her, but not to her child! 

What would she tell papa? That she found happiness in leaving Abhimanyu, it would hurt her to see her papa hurt but she had to, for her child! She would do it! She would find a place to live, look for ways of making more money, but it didn't matter, she'd do the best for her child, put in all the effort in the world. 

But would she tell Dev? Yes, she should, he was the father of the child, he deserved to know! But how would Dev put in any effort with Priyanka then, she'd go back to being his mistress. She would tell Dev but she would also tell Dev that she was choosing for the child to grow up without a father.Not like her having a father made any difference to her life, then how would it matter to the child. Maybe she'd allow dev a yearly visit or so, as long as he was devoted to his wife. Or maybe she wouldn't tell him at all. 

What did she want, a girl or a boy?  A girl would be nice, she would make the call a total badass, let her do whatever she wanted, be fearless, follow her dreams and kick people in their balls. A boy wouldn't be too bad either, but she'd ensure he was a feminist, she'd teach him to respect women and share domestic load and let him do what he wanted - wear make up if he wanted or a skirt. She'd let her child do whatever they wanted and be the best mom in the world. 

Radha looked into the mirror and smiled to herself, she hadn't been this happy in years! 

-

"How are you feeling my child, I am so sorry I didn't know our conversation could have such adverse health affects." Sameer said as Radha arrived on the table and took the chair adjacent to his. 

"Oh no papa, it must be something that I ate" Radha lied, with a certain exuberance, as she couldn't stop smiling and get her hand off her stomach. Abhimanyu looked at her, she was acting extremely chirpy and happy this morning. What was up with her? he thought but continued having her food. 

"Bhabhi, I brought  your favourite Tiramisu, here try it on!" Aman said as he passed on the bowl to her. Radha thought for a second, Tiramisu usually had rum in it, she didn't if she could have it in pregnancy. She politely declined. Abhimanyu lifted his head to look at her, her love for Tiramisu wasn't a hidden one, she was absolutely crazy about Tiramisu but her declining it today was rather strange. 

Radha instead took a healthy apple and began eating it quickly. No morning sickness today, hmm you are lucky today Radha she thought to herself while smiling. 

"Radha are you free between 11 and 12?" Sunita asked as her. Radha immediately screamed no. And then realizing how loud she was, she nodded in negative politely. She had an appointment with the gynecologist today at the same time. 

"Uhh, I have a meeting maa, I am so sorry! In fact I have it right now I must leave, alright everyone bye!" Radha said as she took the apple in her hand and walked out of the room, with happiness radiating from her face.