Chapter 6

Radha walked in to the hall in a simple yellow Saree to match the radiance of the Haldi celebration. She didn't know where her husband had been last night, and it didn't matter to her either because apparently he could have all the hold he wanted on her, while she had none. She looked around watching a busy Priyanka sit excitedly waiting for her haldi to start. She turned to see Dev sitting beside her and instantly stole her gaze way when their eyes met.

Tum Ho Gham Ko Chupaye
Main Hoon Sar Ko Jhukaye

 An ache in her heart took over as she realized that they would never be one, that they would never be able to love each other again and perhaps she will never be loved by anyone the way he loved her. She pressed her eyes to force her tears to stay inside her eyes. 

Tum Bhi Chup Ho
Main Bhi Chup Hoon
Kaun Kise Samjhaye

She turned to him again and smiled widely. Dev could see through her emotional mask and responded with a grin to make her feel better. 

Ab Dooriyan Itni Hain To
Milna Yahan Kal Ho Naa Ho

The Haldi celebrations, began with women and men assembling in queues to laden the bride and groom with haldi. Priyanka was flinching at the cold Haldi but reacting with exuberance as she laughed.

Dev meanwhile sat there calm, smiling to everyone who applied Haldi to him and occassionally looking at Radha.

Sach Hai Ke Dil To Dukha Hai
Hamne Magar Socha Hai

As there eyes met he sneaked in a gesture touching his cheek asking him to apply haldi. 

Radha nodded her head in a no, she couldn't fall week and touching his face would make her very week. Dev shook his finger to her gesturing a 'not fair' to her with some mischief in his eyes. Radha smiled to him and went along to apply haldi. 

Dil Ko Hai Gham Kyon
Aankh Hai Nam Kyon
Hona Hi Tha Jo Hua Hai

She moved to Priyanka first and applied Haldi on her cheeks, while looking at Dev. Priyanka in response put a dot of Haldi on Radha's nose. Radha then moved to Dev and without meeting his eyes, touched her haldi laden palm on his face.

Us Baat Ko Jaane Bhi Do
Jiska Nishaan Kal Ho Naa Ho

 She felt Dev holding her hand,she looked at him talking off some haldi from his face and applying it to both her palms as she turned to the side while tears dropped out of her eyes. 

Har Pal Yahan Je Bhar Jiyo
Jo Hai Sama Kal Ho Naa Ho

He looked at her and pressed his index finger and thumb away gesturing her to smile always. Radha held her hands laden with Dev's turmeric and then pointed to Priyanka and holding her index finger and thumb together, gestured to how good she was. Dev, replied with a wide smile. Radha then with her hands took priyanka's hand and Dev's hand and pressed them together, giving them a wide smile, as she got up and slowly left the couple in their own. 

-

Radha wouldn't lie, she felt at ease, a little lighter, since she had ended things with Dev. A little more bold, and a little more confident. She was scared of dying alone, when her parents and parent in law would die and Abhimanyu would leave and nobody else would want to love her and she could end up becoming a childless lady with a lot of cats but who knew what turn life would want to take. She had to practice the impromptu dance that Abhimanyu had decided that were going to perform, so him and her didn't look like clowns and kept up the perfect couple image. Since the wedding was intimate and small, the sangeet was to be followed by the wedding ceremony.