Chapter 7

"You're telling me you haven't seen the video also twice?"

"No"

"You don't know a single step?"

"No!"

"And ours is the performance after all the aunties! Oh god Abhimanyu why! why god why, why did I get him as a husband!" Radha cried out frantically.

"You should be lucky you have me Radha, no one will even be looking at you!" Abhimanyu replied cockily

"Listen dumbass, it's a universal fact that aunties only want younger indian women to fuck up so they can point out what a bad match we are!" Radha pointed out to him

"Oh well why do we need the aunties to point it out for us, I can point it out myself!" Abhimanyu replied indifferently. Radha clutched her head. "You're no professor to figure that one out! ugh, this is going to be so bad! oh no, everyone will figure out that are marriage is a sham and then papa will find out too, and then he'll get a heart attack and he'll die, and then you'll kill me by chopping me into a million pieces and stuffing me into a suitcase" she started wailing loudly. An amused Abhimanyu couldn't help but laugh. "Oh god, why are you obsessed with dying!" he exclaimed. "Even if papa doesn't die, he'll hate me and he'll push me away from himself and never let me see him again. And he'll even begin loving you and aman more than he loves me!"

"Excuse me, he already loves me and Aman more than you!" Abhimanyu replied as he let out an amused chuckle

"No he doesn't, don't tell him that you know, but he told me this when we were getting married" Radha said childishly. "Don't tell him Abhi that I told you, or I'll let your secrets out!" she warned him.

"Do you love papa that much?" Abhi asked her on a more serious note while she was on a frantic panic ride wondering what they were going to do on a stage.

"Of course I do, why do you think I tolerate you every single day of my life, even I have the urge to chop you into a million pieces okay!" Radha said and got back to tapping her feet and moving her hand rigorously as an attempt to crush her anxiety.

"There could be a million reasons for that- like you're not qualified enough, you don't know how to run a business, you're a horrible person and an opportunist, you'd literally have nothing without the Kapoor surname-"

"ABHIMANYU! You can go on a Radha rant later, can you focus on the problem at hand first! You don't know a single step and I am no Prabhu Deva to choreograph things in a second. Tell me what we are to do!?"

"Well there is only one way to do this, which includes me and you looking at each other, which I would hate, but I think I am going to have to take the lead here" Abhimanyu replied

"What? For real? you're not going to be a jerk and let me humiliate myself? Wow, are you alright? are you an Abhimanyu doppelganger, why are you being so nice, it's been 48 hours and you haven't even screamed at me once or said anything extraordinarily mean. What's going on?" Radha asked, the shock evident in her eyes. Abhimanyu laughed at it. "And you're laughing!"

"Radha shut up"

"Oh shit, you're in love, who are you in love with?"

"Shut up"

"You've gone crazy, have you? Do you want to get tested?" she added frantically, catching her breath in between as the aunty's music reached it's crescendo

"RADHA SHUT UP!" Abhimanyu screamed at her. The 48 hour spell was broken. Radha closed her ears with her hands. "Here drink up" Abhimanyu said passing to her