chapter 5

But it could be possible right? I mean he seems so confused or it could all be a game and he's just a drug addict or something. 

Edward's pov 

It's the end of my shift, I now just have to wait from Harry to be done with a big operation but I can't help but think about the weird boy. I haven't seen him since I gave him some food seeing that I had patients to attend to. 

I just wonder what will happen once he gets out of the hospital from what I have seen he doesn't have any family here where he can stay at maybe we can find him a sort of nice homeless shelter? Are there even any nice shelters? 

"Ello Ed!" I look up to see Niall walking into the break room where I'm just lounging on one of the couches. "Hey Ni what's up?" Niall pushes my legs off the couch and sits down with a huff. 

"Marcel made me Louis' head nurse but I just can't get him to eat or stop being scared but he actually seems to heal quite ok he could go home in a few days I think." I nod slowly at Niall's words "Only issue is that we don't know if he has a place to stay... Is there a good homeless shelter around here?" I ask Niall who's eyes widen "I don't know, do you think that that is the only option?" 

"Yeah I do, he doesn't seem to have family let alone friends so it seems like the only option." I give Niall a sad smile as the frown on his face grows. 

"The poor boy my heart goes out to him." Niall says and I couldn't agree more. 

"So you said that you didn't get him to eat huh why not?" Niall rolls his eyes at that "Well he looks at the food with these big puppy eyes like he would kill to eat it but he just doesn't it's almost like he's scared..." 

As soon as Niall stops talking he just gasp and points at me "What? Ni what is going on? Are you choking again?" Niall shakes his head "Y-you are a people whisperer you need to help him!" 

"A therapist but ok... I mean I could try? I have to wait for Harry to be done anyway so I could I don't know talk to him I guess." Niall cheers and pushes me off the couch "Go Eddie!" 

I roll my eyes and get off the floor with a huff before making my way over to the room Louis is staying in. 

I open the door "knock knock!" I say as I stick my head into the room to find Louis staring at the TV that's turned off, Louis looks up as soon as he hears me and a look of terror is visible on his face. 

I walk into the room "Do you wanna watch some TV?" Louis brows furrow in confusion "T-TV?" I grab the remote and sit down on the chair next to his back making him press himself to the very end of his bed as far away from me as possible. 

I press the button to turn on the TV and Louis shoots back and squeaks as soon as the TV starts making sound but something in his eyes seems like he is also curious as his eyes move with the characters of the cartoon show that's on. 

"Louis, Niall told me you didn't eat why?" He keeps his eyes trained on the TV and I almost thought that he didn't hear me when he starts talking "N-not Friday master would punish."

I nod slowly at Louis words "But you aren't at your master's warehouse? Maybe rules are different here?" Louis eyes widen and he looks at me with the most fear filled eyes. 

"P-please don't punish me I-I will follow them!" 

Shit wrong way to say it! "No no Louis buddy let me explain it differently, You are not at your master's warehouse you are here with us now which means that the rules of your master don't apply to you anymore... Do you follow me?" 

Louis nods slowly while looking back to the TV looking more relaxed right now. "So you can just eat here and believe me no one will punish you." 

"Lies." Louis mumbles out while crossing his arms. 

"What do you mean?" I ask Louis softly. 

"I-It's a lie. My life is only pain, obedience and punishment so why are you tricking me?" Louis looks back at me with tears in his eyes. 

"What if your life can be different? We haven't hurt you yet have we? Could you maybe just give is a chance to show us that life can be different?" Louis looks at me for a second before shrugging "I don't have a choice." 

I give Louis a soft smile "I promise to show you kindness and believe me you always have a choice." Louis shakes his head again while his hands start shaking "n-No I don't I'm j-just a slave. I'm born to please, I don't know anything else! I'm s-so scared please." Tears gather in his eyes and my heart aches for him. 

"Louis can I hug you?" Louis doesn't answer so I just decide to do it, I climb onto his bed and Louis shrinks slightly but not as bad as I expected. 

I slowly bring my arms around his body making him let out a frightened whimper and I press him against my chest and gently rub his back. 

Louis slowly relaxes into my arms, his whole body turns to jelly and soon his breath evens and soft snores escape his mouth. 

I lay the boy gently back in a comfortable position and tuck him in, I press a kiss to his head before turning off the TV and leaving the room. I can't help but look back once more and promise myself that show Louis all his has missed before he leaves again. 

:))))) New chapterrrrrrr 

~~~Renée