Chapter 6

Barry's pov

I thought it would be awkward at work the next day, but it was far from it. Every thing just went smooth as can be and we got stuck into a case, also had a little kiss. But someone had to spoil it.

Flashback

"Barry, can you help me with this, I can't close this damn machine."

"yeah, its a little temperamental, I keep asking for a new one but apparantly they cost an arm and a leg."

I went up to him and circled my arms around the back of him to fix the problem. Stiles turned around in my arms blushing.

I leaned in and kissed him . It was soft and slow, no urgency in it like yesterday. Our lips moved in sync, and stiles was about to let his tongue roam around when we heard a shreik.

"what the hell is going on." Iris shouted.

"what does it look like, we were in the middle of something."

Stiles slapped me on the shoulder laughing.

"I can see that but why your tongue down his throat and why were you even kissing him, he is a guy, you like women, in fact I'm pretty sure you like me."

" 1- my tongue wasn't down his throat, well not yet anyway since you barged in here, and 2- I still like women, but I guess I also like guys, or just one in perticular. "

"but what happened to you liking me?."

"ummm let me think, you have a boyfriend and never took any interest in me. Do you expect me to sit around pining over you?.

" I've spent all these years thinking I was in love with you, but now I know it was all a lie. I hardly even know Stiles but I feel more for him that I even thought possible."

"I won't accept this, it's not right." Iris screamed.

"what because I'm with someone else or because I'm with a guy, even I didn't think you were homophobic Iris."

"I'm not.. Its.. Just, this it's wrong."

Joe and Stiles dad walked in having heard some of it.
Joe looked pissed at his daughter.

"That's enough Iris. Barry is free to date who ever he wants, doesn't matter if they are male or female. There is nothing wrong with that. You made your choice by dating Eddie, and now because Barry has found someone, you get jealous."

"I'm not jealous." Iris huffed

"yeah right." Stiles scoffed.

Stiles dad gave him a warning look as if to say don't make the situation worse, but honestly she was pissing me off.
I can't believe she is acting this way, I mean she didn't want me yet she doesn't want anyone else having me.

"like I said, I don't accept this, so what are you going to do Barry.?"

Was she really expecting me to dump him.

"What, you think because you don't accept this, that I'm going to break up with him?." I asked.

"you would really chose him over me, you have known him 2 days, you have known me 15 years?."

"I don't want to fall out with you Iris, but I choose to be with Stiles whether you like it or not, if you don't accept it then that's on you, not me. "

Joe was looking at Iris disappointed.

"Iris what has got into you today, first you have a fight with Eddie then try to ruin your relationship with Barry?." Joe said.

"so what were you expecting Iris, to break up with Eddie and I would be waiting with open arms, a rebound, second best."

"No, I would never do that."

Joe turned to Iris. "I think it best if you leave, give Barry some space for a while, and think about what your friendship means to you before you lose him for good."

I watched as Iris stormed out, banging into Eddie as she went.

End of flashback

"Hey are you OK?." Stiles asked me.

"Yeah, just thinking about earlier. I still can't believe she acted that way. I don't want to lose her as a friend, she's still my family."

"you will work things out, just give it time."

"Barry can I ask you something?"

"yeah sure."

"Well we haven't actually discussed it but after some of the stuff that was said before, will you officially be my boyfriend?."

"of course, I thought that was obvious." I chuckled.

Stiles threw himself at me, kissing me hard. Everything from earlier gone from my thoughts.