25: Thestrals

"Who'll you be cheering for?" Draco asked Harry as they got ready that morning. "Gryffindor or Slytherin?"

"I don't know." Harry said, suddenly thoughtful. "I hadn't thought about it."

"Really?" Draco quirked a brow.

"My mind's been a little preoccupied with other things." Harry said. 

"What kind of things?" Draco asked.

"The future." 

"Ah. Anything I should be worried about?" 

"No, not yet." Harry said.

"Alright. I do have one more question for you. Do I get a good luck kiss?" Draco asked.

"Oh, I don't know about that," Harry smiled, leaning in. "Maybe."

They both savored the kiss, and then they made their way to the great hall for breakfast. They saw Blaise and Nimue talking, and the two boys shared a look. Stifling a laugh, they sat down to eat. 

Harry eventually lost Draco to the Slytherin quidditch team, speaking quiet strategy among themselves. Harry got up and went over to Gryffindor table, and sat down next to Ron and Hermione.

"How are you feeling, Ron?" Harry asked.

"I was mental to do this." Ron said. "Absolutely mental."

"You'll do fine, Ron." Harry said. 

"Says you!" Ron's voice cracked. "You're a damn near perfect seeker. And you're not on the team anymore."

"I'm not. But Ginny is. She'll do fine. So will you." Harry said.

"Absolutely mental. I shouldn't even be on the team- maybe I'll just go to the hospital wing instead, and then my reserve can play-"

"Ron. Shut up." Harry said. "Are you going to just give up and let Slytherin win?"

"Uh." Ron hadn't thought about it that way.

"C'mon. You'll do fine." Harry said. "Cheer up."

Hermione shot Harry a grateful look. As Harry walked away, he glanced back and saw her peck a quick kiss to Ron's cheek, which had him turn a shade as bright as his hair. Harry grinned.

But something was bothering him. What was he forgetting? As Harry was lost in thought, Draco grabbed a hold of his arm. He quickly let go, aware of them being in company. "Do you see those badges?" He asked Harry quietly.

A stone sank in Harry's gut. The Weasley is our King badges.

"Those aren't new, are they?" Draco asked.

"You made them last time." Harry said.

"This time I didn't. Parkinson looks pleased with herself, though." Draco said. "From your reaction here, they aren't good, are they?"

"No." Harry said. He reached out with his magic, and felt for the badges. As he passed by a rude individual wearing one, he sent a spark of magic toward one. He felt the spell on it break. With a satisfied grin, Harry set out to cause them all to malfunction.

"What are you doing?" Draco asked.

"Breaking them." Harry said happily.

Draco snorted, then quickly recovered his poise. "You're cute when you're happy." He whispered to Harry, who blushed brightly.

~~~

Harry found himself following Blaise up to Slytherin's section of the stands. There, he managed to find the other badges he hadn't yet ruined. It was music to his ears to hear them complain about how quickly the enchantment had worn off.